I'm driving myself crazy !

Options
I'm doing pretty good on the food aspect of things , a few slips along the way but I'm trying hard , making better choices, getting in my fruits and veggies, and my water.

Exercise..... I TRY to do the elliptical at least 20 minutes per day. I know it's not much , but that's all I can handle before I'm in tears. I weigh 296 lbs. down form 310. Lots more to go, but I'm doing it. My doctor has suggested low/no impact exercise until I hit at least the 250 mark.

My feet are screwed up and hurt so badly there are days I can barely stand, nevermind exercise. We aren't quite sure what the problem is , but obviously it's weight bearing and worse when Im on them. But I feel like Im failing if I can't get in any exercise, even when it is due to pain and Im just frustrated.

I do not have access to a pool for water exercises, and can't afford to buy a membership pass to one. I'm not giving up the fight I just don't know what the hell I'm supposed to do! :brokenheart:

Sorry for the b!tch, moan and whine. Im just frustrated

Replies

• BlazinEmerald
    Options
    I'm doing pretty good on the food aspect of things , a few slips along the way but I'm trying hard , making better choices, getting in my fruits and veggies, and my water.

Exercise..... I TRY to do the elliptical at least 20 minutes per day. I know it's not much , but that's all I can handle before I'm in tears. I weigh 296 lbs. down form 310. Lots more to go, but I'm doing it. My doctor has suggested low/no impact exercise until I hit at least the 250 mark.

My feet are screwed up and hurt so badly there are days I can barely stand, nevermind exercise. We aren't quite sure what the problem is , but obviously it's weight bearing and worse when Im on them. But I feel like Im failing if I can't get in any exercise, even when it is due to pain and Im just frustrated.

I do not have access to a pool for water exercises, and can't afford to buy a membership pass to one. I'm not giving up the fight I just don't know what the hell I'm supposed to do! :brokenheart:

Sorry for the b!tch, moan and whine. Im just frustrated
  • jessie1
    jessie1 Posts: 46
    Options
    Maybe try doing the stationary bike...so you wont be on your feet. Its worth a shot! Good Luck :)
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    Don't lose focus- Its easy to give up and quit- just remember the weight didn't come on over night so it won't come off over night either. just keep up with cutting your calories until you lose more weight it may take longer but it will still happen then once your weight is lower for you to start excercising even if it is just walking-- Have you tried just going for walks maybe the elliptical is too much for you right now. Start slow take a walk-- Hope this helped a little- good luck
  • Dropka
    Dropka Posts: 72
    Options
    just take one day at a time. you're doing GREAT! remember that. just walk. any walking is good. if 20 minutes on the elliptical is too much- don't do it! do less. work you way up. it will happen. keep believing in yourself! we do!!
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options

I have read several times recently that it is much better for women to do longer and slower exercise. In that respect, I think that starting out at 20 MIN is PERFECT. Then, when you feel ready, you can gradually increase it by maybe 5 MIN and so on. Everyone has a different opinion, but I really think that any movement at all is better than none. Good luck to you!!! :flowerforyou:
  • sarakenna1
    sarakenna1 Posts: 261
    Options
    Blazin, I am really proud that you are doing this! My mom is over 300 lbs, and has severe problems with her feet and knees. Recently she began doing excercises at home while sitting down. Using 5 lb weights (she started with canned corn :smile: ) she does curls, sholder lifts, shoulder press, touching toes then reaching for the sky, etc. I think she found a sit down excersize routine on the internet. Since you know you can already do 20 min of the eliptical, keep that up. Then move to a sit down routine.

Or, if you go to a gym (not sure where the eliptical machine is) then there should be other machines there that you can do. There's one that you sit at while peddling against resistence with your arms. Its fun, tones your arms, and gets your heart rate up. There's another one that you lay against and peddle with your feet that reduces load baring weight from your feet, legs, and lower back.

Don't be discouraged. You can do this. Right now you have to be creative to get your exercize in, but you can do it! This will get easier, you will get stronger, and soon you will be cruzing for miles on the eliptical!
    :flowerforyou:
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself, your are doing something for your health, you already lost 14 pounds, thats 49000 calories you have not eaten:noway: . There are lots of exercises you can do just for your upper body, I also would check into yoga and pilates . I use a big can of tomatoes for my toning exercises, you could also try floor work like leg lifts and streching. Since I have problems with my knees, I do the sweatin to the oldies dvd's and if they do something that hurts my knees, I just do something else till that is over.
    We can do this :drinker:
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your support and comments. Today is a bad day with the feet and I know I wont get the 20 min elliptical done for pain so I was just upset. Thanks for the other suggestions :flowerforyou: