Pre Workout

Options
chrishgt4
chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
Anyone with good knowledge on supplements and effective doses - can you have a look at this and see if doses are effective amounts please?

Thanks

http://www.bulkpowders.co.uk/complete-pre-workout.html

Replies

• Rickjuh
    Rickjuh Posts: 67
    Options
    I use Noxipro... this stuff is amazing!
    If gives your such a power boost!
    But you have to watch out that you dont go on GOD-mode and SNAP alllll your muscles!

http://www.bodyenfitshop.nl/workouts/pre-workout/ctd-labs/noxipro/
  • Clarissia_Nicole
    Clarissia_Nicole Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I personally use the C4 powder from GNC for an extra boost of energy, but that's just me.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    If you want to get the most out of your workout, then hit your daily macros and lift heavy. A protein powder before you workout isn't necessary.
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    If you want to get the most out of your workout, then hit your daily macros and lift heavy. A protein powder before you workout isn't necessary.

The product he is asking about isn't a protein powder.

the dosages of Citrulline Malate and beta alanine are a bit low for them to have any major benefit IMO, you will mostly just notice the extra energy from the caffeine, which you could get separately from bulk powders cheaper anyway.
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options

The product he is asking about isn't a protein powder.

the dosages of Citrulline Malate and beta alanine are a bit low for them to have any major benefit IMO, you will mostly just notice the extra energy from the caffeine, which you could get separately from bulk powders cheaper anyway.

Yea, that's kind of what I was thinking to be honest - I already have 200mg caffeine tablets so was wondering if they are just packaging up a caffeine boost as something better.

What do you know about dosage of BCAAs and AAKG? In this is't 5g BCAA and 3g AAKG

AAKG seems about half what I'd expect as a beneficial dose and BCAAs I guess to see any effect I'd need to take them separately during and after as well anyway?

I'm not really up on supplements to be honest, I've always just managed on food and maybe some kind of protein based bulking shake but I want to give them a proper go so I'm having to try and start to learn.
  • bdamaster60
    bdamaster60 Posts: 595 Member
    Options

it's not a protein powder ...
    Personally I like C4 Cellucor Extreme, Jack3d (I can't use this anymore because of 1, 3 Dymeth), Jack3d Micro, No-xplode. Currently i'm using MuscleTech Nano Vapour which is very very very powerful stuff no kidding. Not necessary to get super hard stuff like muscletech but I received a tub for christmas :)