5 in 7 challenge

124»

Replies

• bigbeff
    bigbeff Posts: 83 Member
    Hey all. Just updated spreadsheet with my latest run but total mins didn't change?

Ran 30mins today. Completed 5 days of exercise though :-)
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    I'll check it for you. I think you were a late add, in which case, there might not be a formula in your cell. (So to speak). :-)
  • bigbeff
    bigbeff Posts: 83 Member
    Thank you :-)
  • Sorova
    Sorova Posts: 101 Member
    I've had a rubbish few days but did manage to get a 20 minute speed walk in tonight. I felt much better afterward, and it was a good reminder of why exercising is even more important when I'm feeling blech. Going to try and get a little run in tomorrow.
  • Frannybobs
    Frannybobs Posts: 741 Member
    I'm pleased as I managed 6 in 7 this week, but a little disappointed that only 1 of those was cycling - hope to possibly cycle commute tomorrow and/or Friday. Mine are all Wii workouts doing the EA Sports Active 2 9 week program. The one on Mon seemed fairly easy and I thought it was all going to be a doddle but then yesterday's was evil !! It's good because it's an all over workout - mixture of cardio, lower body, upper body and core. You get a resistance band to use for squats and rows etc. It's not bad really and the exercises are varied! At least it keeps me active in the winter!

Thanks for setting up this challenge, it's really helped kickstart my weight loss efforts for 2013.
  • Carfoodel
    Carfoodel Posts: 481 Member
    Hey, I am sorry I didn't notice this post.

Hi I am Carol, love the accountability of this. so thanks for setting it up Jane :)

I am very glad I started up my spreadsheet as I am going to be an uber fitness geek this year and make 2013 my healthies year ever.

I have just updated the sheet - very pleased with myself as I feel I have made a good start to the year.

I had to rest my knee yesterday - even with modifications think the shred is hurting my knee (plantar faciitis and patello femoral syndrome - blinkin annoying) but am heading out to walk the dog just now and may manage some modified gym activity later on.

(I also have the 2nd day DOMS for my first kettlebell class in about 2 months, so I really should get to the gym to work through it a bit)
  • meerkat70
    I don't think quite everyone has added their stuff for the past week, so I'll delay announcing the most minutes etc till tomorrow.

Week 2, I got off to a bit of a slow start. Chasing a deadline, and my own tail all at the same time!
  • penny_eclipse
    penny_eclipse Posts: 524 Member
    So I didn't quite make 5/7 for the first week (but I didn't really start until the 5th so I don't feel too bad overall, as I did manage it on every day from then on).
    This week is going well so far, the commuting exercise is great, and as I get a little more settled in I'm going to try to add some extra stuff in after work. Until then the big test is whether I get off my *kitten* at the weekend, or whether I just crash and burn!
  • caroleannlight
    caroleannlight Posts: 173 Member
    sorry have been a bit rubbish on updating. didn't do as well as I hoped due to knee problem but keeping moving forward. Happy exercising lets get those feel good chemicals going!
  • Carfoodel
    My knee was playing up too Caroleann - took me 2 hours yesterday to walk 5 miles with the dog - managed better today and did over 6 miles and may be able to get a wee gym session in later as you say keep moving forward :)
  • caroleannlight
    caroleannlight Posts: 173 Member
    Hi carol

Hope your knee is improving. It's frustrating isn't it when you are trying to do your best for your health and your body wants to fight you. I am hoping if I can get some lbs off it will help
  • Weathers58
    Weathers58 Posts: 246 Member
    I'm up to date again and have trained for 6 days on the bouce day off tomorrow then a big one sunday
  • meerkat70
    Sorry it's taken me a few days to catch up on doing this!

For the first week of the challenge the top minutes were:

Carfoodel - 1040
    redrover - 670
    ah2013 - 545

9 of us achieved our target of 5 in 7 days of working out.
  • Carfoodel
    That's great :) - this is making me walk further and getting my butt along to the gym :)