Had to toot my horn! :)

Options
I've lost exactly 100 pounds from Feb last year! MFP only shows 96 but I started this journey two weeks before I joined MFP. Guess who's a happy camper now!!! Still have another 50 to go to be my ideal weight but I'm not worried now that I've proven to myself I can do it. By simply walking or riding the bike 20-30 minutes a day, shooting for the goal of 75-100 grams of protein daily and eating small meals every 3-4 hours, the weight has been dropping off steadily. I even messed up on the holidays and had things I shouldn't have had but in comparison to other years, I only gained a couple of pounds as compared to 10 like most other years. Logging everything I eat with MFP daily and being honest with myself has worked out very well. I've battled many major health issues (cancer, diabetes, thyroid issues, double hip replacements) all which have been resolved thanks to my taking control of my life and striving to be healthy for the 1st time ever. This is a big milestone for me! I'm so happy I've made it this far! If you'd like, add me to your friends list, I could use all the support and in return, I'll give support back!

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY NEW YEAR! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• stacimusmax
    stacimusmax Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • mumtokeir
    mumtokeir Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Well done and keep going. I hope I will be as successful. :)
  • MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Super job! post some pics and gloat!! you deserve it:drinker:
  • Insathius
    Insathius Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! what an achievement!
  • mrsfionabrown
    Options
    That's amazing, so committed well done! I have been terrible at sticking it out, I joined in September but then let life get in the way, but I am determined to start afresh and work out when I will actually do exercise and plan meals too - we'll see how it goes! Well done again, that's really fantastic :-)
  • TheKeithEllis
    TheKeithEllis Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Brilliant. :)
  • FrankenBeanz
    FrankenBeanz Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    That is fanitastic! Well done! toot that horn Mrs!!!
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I too have lost a lot of weight. I am down 80 lbs. and I too gained a "few" pounds over the holidays, but I did much better than I did every year before this. I am back on track and striving to maintain or lose a few more pounds. I am pretty much done losing weight now, but I am all about fitness now. I am aiming to go in a triathlon in June and I will push and push till I get fit enough to do it! Great job in sticking with your goals and making such wonderful progress!
  • goal_digger_2014
    Options
    U go girl!!!!!
  • julie1916
    julie1916 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    What an amazing and inspirational post :-) well done you
  • elizner
    elizner Posts: 14
    Options
    Amazing !!! Congratulations :-)
  • hopsonc24
    hopsonc24 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!!! That is a huge accomplishment! Pat yourself on the back.

Ps. You can adjust your starting weight to reflect the 4 you lost prior to starting
  • Jenism1
    Jenism1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    toot away!! well done! So great!!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! :flowerforyou: You've got every right to pat yourself on the back! You're doing a fantastic job! Keep it up! :smile:
  • tlkrallman
    Options
    Toot away darlin... you've earned it!
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    great job!
  • menzelstrehl
    Options
    CONGRATS!!
  • autopilot_on
    Options
    That's AWESOME! Congratulations!!
  • Tootce01
    Tootce01 Posts: 184
    Options
    Woo Hoo! Congrats!!!
  • seendie
    seendie Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration you are, thanks so much for the motivation amazing lady :heart:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!