Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

food court

i work in a mall, and my store is literally right next to the food court.
i have no windows so my only view is the actual food court lol.

it's pretty easy to stay motivated right now cause it's only week 1 but damn. today all i was craving was a poutine!

Replies

• kikilita
    kikilita Posts: 91 Member
    Wow, that would be rough! I'd be tempted to eat there ALL THE TIME. It helps me to start thinking of food in money and that helps me eat out less, LOL! Sad but true. Instead of seeing food, try to see the $s you'd spend and tell yourself not only could you make MORE for LESS and probably BETTER but you could even make it HEALTHIER!! It's SUPER hard, though, I know. Don't never eat out again, though, because what's the fun in that. But get to the point where you eat out because you want to and put the money aside and are happy with how you look. Hang in there, I know you can resist the FOOD COURT!! (sounds like an evil villain, LOL!) Anyway, hope that was helpful and not pushy or anything. :)
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Here, the places at the food courts cost a ton more than their stand-alone counterparts. I bet it's the same most places. Just remind yourself that your waistline and your pocketbook can do better! (I hate eating at food courts)
  • eylia
    eylia Posts: 200 Member
    Depending on whether it's practical or not, maybe you could just make sure you don't have the money on your person to buy it? Pack yourself a healthy, tasty lunch and leave your wallet/purse at home/in the car/make sure you don't have the cash or the card you'd use handy. If you keep your lunches interesting hopefully you won't be too tempted.
  • peopletalk
    peopletalk Posts: 519 Member
    Wow, that would be rough! I'd be tempted to eat there ALL THE TIME. It helps me to start thinking of food in money and that helps me eat out less, LOL! Sad but true. Instead of seeing food, try to see the $s you'd spend and tell yourself not only could you make MORE for LESS and probably BETTER but you could even make it HEALTHIER!! It's SUPER hard, though, I know. Don't never eat out again, though, because what's the fun in that. But get to the point where you eat out because you want to and put the money aside and are happy with how you look. Hang in there, I know you can resist the FOOD COURT!! (sounds like an evil villain, LOL!) Anyway, hope that was helpful and not pushy or anything. :)
    hahaha it IS an evil villain!
    i know i can do it, it will just take lots of will power.
    i'm having 1 free meal a week and i'm saving it for actual food from a real place! not some cheap food court food.
  • peopletalk
    meh, it's pretty cheap here. a whole meal that could feed like 2 people will only cost 7$
  • peopletalk
    Depending on whether it's practical or not, maybe you could just make sure you don't have the money on your person to buy it? Pack yourself a healthy, tasty lunch and leave your wallet/purse at home/in the car/make sure you don't have the cash or the card you'd use handy. If you keep your lunches interesting hopefully you won't be too tempted.
    yeah, i think you're right! i can definitely leave my money at home.
  • kikilita
    kikilita Posts: 91 Member
    $7 is a lot of money! That's almost the minimum hourly wage (maybe I'm just cheap, even though I do eat out more than I'd like to admit!)! But, girl, you got this, you can defeat that evil villain!! Conquer the food court!!
  • peopletalk
    $7 is a lot of money! That's almost the minimum hourly wage (maybe I'm just cheap, even though I do eat out more than I'd like to admit!)! But, girl, you got this, you can defeat that evil villain!! Conquer the food court!!

hahahah! i will!
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    They have a Cinnabon? If not your fine.
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :noway: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:
    That sounds hellish and heavenly all at once.
    Seriously, I just could not be there.
  • Smiler106
    Smiler106 Posts: 124 Member
    What the hell is a poutine?
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member

French fries with cheese curd and gravy on top.
  • peopletalk
    it's a canadian thing lol. so good though, but so incredibly unhealthy.
    i think americans have something similar but call them disco fries. thats what i saw on jerseylicious anyway lol
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member

Heaven, on a plate
  • ronboy1979
    ronboy1979 Posts: 83 Member
    Not sure what Pouline is but I work in a mall as well, for the past 10 years or so when I started dieting I would leave cash/credit cards at home to ensure that I would not go to the food court or to cvs etc. for a quick sugar rush! LOL
    Pack your lunch\dinner and lots of healthy snacks!! You will beat this!! Good luck
  • aseymour13
    aseymour13 Posts: 767 Member
    here's a thought. pocket the money you would normally spend on the food court. put it some place safe. Set some small goals for yourself. 5 lbs lost. meeting your exercise goals. Something that you have to work for but is attainable. and when you meet those goals, use that money to treat yourself with something special