Need some diet buddies!

Options
Hi all, only started using this properly the last few days. I'm trying the 5:2 diet whilst eating healthily and trying yogalates. I need motivation and think maybe if I had some friends on here I would have someone pushing me!

Replies

• wannabtight
    wannabtight Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hi, Welcome I will add you and you can tell me a little about your diet. Good to have friends to motivate.:smile:
  • jobylou72
    jobylou72 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi. What is the 5:2 diet? I'm intrigued

Please feel free to add me as friend I am also new to this.
  • Searley_Pants
    Searley_Pants Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi guys :)

I have included the link below but in a nutshell the 5:2 diet means that two non-conescutive days out of the week I only eat 500 calories. It is going ok so far and I think for someone like me who just loves food it is fabulous, as I can eat more or less what I like on my non-fast days! I was a bit sceptical about this as I know there are a lot of fad fast diets and I don't tend to agree with them, hwever after reading the attached article and seeing my nan and aunty (they've been doing it for months and have not only lost weight but are postively glowing!!!) I thought I would try it!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-19112549
  • jobylou72
    Options
    mmmm that's interesting. But is it sustainable? Surely you can only do this for short periods of time?
    I'd give it a go but I LOVE FOOD. 500 calories just wouldn't be enough, i'd have to spend all day in bed. :happy:
  • Searley_Pants
    Options
    Well the idea is that because it is only one day at a time it is copeable,and you'd be surprised what you can have within 500 calories! I have been having a banana, cuppa soup, then poached chicken and veg! Because you only fast 2 out of 7 days it is relatively sustainbale thought there are no long term results just yet, but I think a lot of peiple are adopting it as a lifestyle rather than a diet. Almost like having two days off booze a week to give your body time to retire, this gives your body time to repair!

Have a look at that link, I founf it a good read.

Surprisingly I didn't lack energy on my fast days, it was a bit of a srtuggle but knowing I can eat whatever I want the following day is amazing!
  • Itzli
    Itzli Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm new here and I need a diet buddy too.. So, I am volunteering to be yours! :)
  • Searley_Pants
    Options
    Yay :)
  • JanRoss8329
    JanRoss8329 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi ... I am new on here.... Looking for friends for inspiration & support please :-)
  • jobylou72
    Options
    Yes I read the report it was interesting.
    Let me now how you get on, I might give it a go some time soon.
  • Searley_Pants
    Options
    I will keep you updated :)