Body Cleanse

Options
Has anyone done a good body cleanse that they can recommend? I want to give my body a good detox but I want to do it in a healthy way.

Any help or suggustions would be greatly appreciated.

Have a great Friday!

Lori

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I love a long hot shower with my homemade body scrub. Oh, you mean like things you eat! No because that's why I have internal organs that process all the food and crap. They don't need to be poked with a stick to get them to work. Eat healthy, drink healthy and let them do their stuff.
  • whitneyesser
    Options
    Im just finishing Advocare cleanse phase, its for 10 days. I feel great! You still eat, you just eat clean. Let me know if you want more info.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Im just finishing Advocare cleanse phase, its for 10 days. I feel great! You still eat, you just eat clean. Let me know if you want more info.

no
  • jazzleighinternational
    Options
    Partner with your PCP and see if you can get a consultation with an herbalist. Be careful and use natural ways to cleanse and detox. Veggies, fruits and plenty of water, prunes, oats works very well for me. And I have energy after You should never feel sluggish. Lean Protein too is a must for me so that I don't crash.:smile:
  • whitneyesser
    Options
    no what?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I cleanse my body every morning. I recommend soap and water and maybe a good loufa for exfoliation.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    My day isn't complete without a good cleanse/detox topic.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    no what?

no being healthy is dumb - why you wanna be healthy no sense plase halp
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I like a long, hot bath using Dead Sea bath salts and shower gel from Kiss My Face-- Peaceful Patchouli is my current favorite.
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    You could try a tradional Ayruvedic cleanse. This would typically be done in 1-2 weeks and involve eating an indian vegetarian dish called kichadi for almost every meal (the base is rice and mung beans with spices), do some rejuvenative yoga, daily oil massage. It is a very easy cleanse to and is not harsh on the body at all like other cleanses can be. It basically soothes the body into doing what it naturally wants to do with detoxing.
    Check out Banyan Botanicals, they sell a cleanse kit online and there should be a good description of what to do and why. I do this cleanse 2x/year usually at the juncture between Winter/Spring and then Summer/Fall.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    A pressure washer and a brillo pad ought to do the trick
  • SeattleScrambler
    SeattleScrambler Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I just signed up for this: http://www.28dayrevchallenge.com

My friend has done it before and it worked great for her. You can take a gradual approach, but you end up essentially being vegan and eliminating coffee and alcohol for a few weeks. After the cleanse it done, the goal is to keep the habits that were formed during the cleanse while adding back some of the treats that will keep you from going insane. :-)
  • mitchellkd
    mitchellkd Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    The Ultimate Reset from Beachbody. It's a 3 week clean eating plan with supplements to help get the ph levels back in check. I am finishing week 1 now. This is my 2nd time doing it. I am also a nutrition consultant and it's one of the best and most affordable on the market. They give you all the meal plans plus all the recipes. For full disclosure....yes, I am a coach with them. But I have tried many others from nutritionists and do find this to be the most comprehensive and supportive.
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    Bingo!
  • Katiemarie4488
    Katiemarie4488 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I'm not a nutritionist, but I'd like to venture to say that Detoxing isn't worth it and can actually be harmful to your system. Your body is capable of cleaning itself out. After 48 hours most foods have gone through your system. Start eating healthier today and you'll reap the better results in a few days.

Also, detox diets are short term. So, you do a detox diet to clean yourself? Then what, add more food that you used to eat before? You'll just be undoing the work you did to change. If you really want to do better and change your habits, then I'd suggest making a healthy eating plan, not throwing your body for a loop.

You also have to be careful if you have any illnesses, diabetes, high blood pressure, etc... that can be harmful to eat less or only certain foods for a detox.

Some detox diets make you starve your body a bit to 'clean' it out. The purpose is to clean your colon out, which your body does a good job of doing naturally (by pooping). In response to starvation mode (even if you don't feel like you're hungry - low carbs diets do this) your body can land itself in Ketosis. This is where your body sends out extra ketones to start breaking down muscles, etc... to feed itself. That isn't good and the metabolism slows down greatly.

You should look on google for good and bad websites that discuss detoxing.
    Here are a few I just searched "detox good and bad":
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18595886/

http://www.health.com/health/article/0,23414,1613671,00.html

http://www.kidshealth.org/teen/food_fitness/dieting/detox_diets.html (for teens but might be useful)

http://ezinearticles.com/?Body-Detox-101:-the-Good-and-the-Bad&id=434111 kimayers
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    That sounds kind of unhealthy.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I like a good exfoliant and a loofa to get all of those environmental toxins off me at the end of the day.
  • lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Running away from this thread!!!!!!
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    That sounds kind of unhealthy.

Probably less so than starving yourself