Cheat Day

Hello, I'm new and currently in need of advices & tips from experienced people about "Cheat Day". Today is my very first cheat day. Spent my entire day watching movies & didn't work out at all. Now I'm really worried about the food I ate cause I just had KFC's original chicken, mashed potatoes & coleslaw for dinner. My point is will the foods make me gain my weight again? How can I improve my 'cheat day' next time? Please help me! Thanks in advance. :wink:

Replies

• justiningham
    justiningham Posts: 139 Member
    Hello, I'm new and currently in need of advices & tips from experienced people about "Cheat Day". Today is my very first cheat day. Spent my entire day watching movies & didn't work out at all. Now I'm really worried about the food I ate cause I just had KFC's original chicken, mashed potatoes & coleslaw for dinner. My point is will the foods make me gain my weight again? How can I improve my 'cheat day' next time? Please help me! Thanks in advance. :wink:

Why call it a cheat day?

Not exercising for the day is a rest day (you should have one of these)
    And if you train hard all week why not settle for a treat meal - one meal a week eat what you want for being good all week, reward yourself, see it as a positive and as it is only a meal, it wont do too much harm... eating what you like all day on the other hand... just my opinion and something I use to help me through.
  • It depends on how much of it you ate. One piece of chicken, a 1/2 cup size of mashed potatoes, and a 1/2 cup size of coleslaw won't set you back too far, if at all, but an entire bucket of each on the other hand might make you regret it later.

Try not to worry so much about WHAT you eat on your cheat day and focus more on how much of it you eat, because ultimately, 500 calories of something really unhealthy is going to serve you much better than 1200 calories of whole wheat bread and fruit salad. (:

Hope this helps!

(Edited because I suck at punctuation! :C )
  • I hope it's not too late to thank the two of you. So, thanks for responding! :)
  • justiningham
    justiningham Posts: 139 Member
    I hope it's not too late to thank the two of you. So, thanks for responding! :)

No - just glad to help!
  • alikat2986
    alikat2986 Posts: 72 Member
    If you deprive yourself of the foods you love completely, you aren't living!! Eat healthy the majority of your week but you are only human! Eat that KFC but just make good choices the rest of the week :drinker:
  • Rather than a full day, I sometimes have a "Cheat Meal"...So I'll stick to my plan for the whole day and then treat myself with a meal I fancy for ages. I find it helps me stick to the diet in the long term, but as long as that meal doesn't turn into a day, then 2 days, etc...
  • alikat2986
    alikat2986 Posts: 72 Member
    Rather than a full day, I sometimes have a "Cheat Meal"...So I'll stick to my plan for the whole day and then treat myself with a meal I fancy for ages. I find it helps me stick to the diet in the long term, but as long as that meal doesn't turn into a day, then 2 days, etc...

Perfect response :)
  • Kimberly_Tanith
    Kimberly_Tanith Posts: 18 Member
    If you deprive yourself of the foods you love completely, you aren't living!! Eat healthy the majority of your week but you are only human! Eat that KFC but just make good choices the rest of the week :drinker:

Amen!

Also you can check out the book "Eat This, Not That"

It has amazing meals, yummy burgers etc, it basically takes restaurant food from TGIF and Ruby Tuesdays etc and cuts the calories in half, so your favourite foods without the junk :)