Cookies and Cream parfaits

Options
taunto
taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
ztIDu.jpg

Rich, Chocolaty Cookies N’ Cream Parfaits

(Makes about 6 servings in 6 ounce glasses, or 4 servings in 10 ounce glasses)

Ingredients:

16 fl oz whipping cream, cold
2 tablespoons sugar
2 (16 ounce) tubs all natural Belgian chocolate pudding, divided use
24 all natural chocolate-vanilla sandwich cookies (Oreos), crushed into chunky consistency
1 (1ounce) square semi-sweet chocolate, to shave for garnish

Preparation:

-In the bowl of a mixer (or using a hand-held), add the cold cream and begin whipping; once thickened slightly, sprinkle in the sugar and finish whipping just until stiff peaks form; set aside for a moment.

-In medium-large bowl, add 2 cups of the chocolate pudding (reserving the remaining pudding) and begin adding the whipped cream to it in several increments, gently folding in to keep a fluffy and light consistency, as this is the “chocolate mousse” part of the dessert; once all whipped cream is incorporated, set aside and prepare glasses.

To Assemble (for 6 servings in 6 ounce glasses):

-Begin by adding equal amounts of the crushed cookies to the bottom of each glass (about 3 tablespoons), next a layer of chocolate pudding (about 3 tablespoons), and next a layer of the “chocolate mousse” (about 3 tablespoons); repeat this process again for each glass, with another layering of crushed cookies, then the pudding, then the “chocolate mousse”, finally finishing with a final sprinkling of crushed cookies and a decorative dollop of “chocolate mousse”; garnish by shaving a little of the semi-sweet chocolate square with a vegetable peeler over the tops of each glass; refrigerate until ready to serve, or serve immediately.

To Assemble (for 4 servings in 10 ounce glasses):

-Follow assembly instructions above only increase the quantity of each layer to about 5 tablespoons in order to fill each glass.

source: http://thecozyapron.com/cozy-cameo-rich-dark-and-handsome/

Replies

• Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    Dang Taunto, that looks incredible
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Looks great but aren't they supposed to be low fat, no sugar and no taste? Where's the suffering in something so delicious?

Kidding of course - I'm trying those!
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    MMMMMMM...
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Want.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I personally do not believe in low-fat, low-carb, low-sugar, no-taste recipes but if others can change it with little or no sacrificing of taste then kudos to them. I workout so I can eat full fat items :)
  • sparkerwallace
    sparkerwallace Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I workout so I can eat full fat items :)

And tease the rest of us. I'm not going to be able to stop thinking about that picture all day.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Anything that has oreos in it is definitely for me.
  • ashlielinn
    Options
    These look amazing!!!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    *drooooolllllssssss all over the keyboard*

Bookmarking this.....this will be done one day..hahahaha
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Yup. Yum.