Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

40/30/30

I am having a hard time balancing my meals. I'm aiming for 40 carbs and 30 for fat and protein. For those who follow a similar scale, how do you plan and calculate your meals correctly??

Replies

• FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    I aim 1 - 1.5g of protein for lb of body weight - then just eat whatever I want really lol
  • arathena720
    arathena720 Posts: 449 Member
    I balance it by putting it in the log the night before, then adding whatever I'm lacking. I'm usually low on protein, so I'll throw a serving of tuna or lean turkey in to whatever I'm eating or as a snack. After you prelog for a couple of weeks you'll get a better idea of what nutrients you typically lack and find healthy things to bump them up (some pretzels for carbs, tuna or cottage cheese for protein, nuts for fat).
  • Bluebox32
    Bluebox32 Posts: 100 Member
    I always am in the 50% or high 40's in carbs...that is the toughest to bring down. I also have many food that I have to avoid due to digestive issues and that does not help the situation either.
  • newjourney2015
    newjourney2015 Posts: 216 Member
    I am having a hard time with this also. I think it just takes planning and practice and like (other poster) said, enter your log ahead of time and then take off or add what is lacking. That is what I'm trying to do today. I am way behind on carbs and up on protein, well b/c I love my protein! Keep working on it. Add me if your diary is public - maybe we can share food ideas. Warning, I'm a boring eater and don't use alot or any multiple ingredient recipes. Just mainly single ingredient foods to make a meal. Take a look at mine if you'd like - you'll see my food choices but also how off my ratios are.