Bump?! What is this??!!

Options
Pardon my ignorance but what is this 'bump" thing I keep seeing on posts?! It's driving me crazy not knowing! :laugh:

Replies

• kkenny0146
    kkenny0146 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    it means bring up my post. It is a way of getting a post to the top of the message board so that more people see it.
  • CrazyAnne
    CrazyAnne Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Pardon my ignorance but what is this 'bump" thing I keep seeing on posts?! It's driving me crazy not knowing! :laugh:

Don't feel bad, I didn't know at first either. It is a way of getting a post to the top of the message board so that more people see it.
  • rio66
    rio66 Posts: 49
    Options
    Ohh I think I get it... Thanks guys :smile:
  • sarahharries86
    sarahharries86 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I stlll dont completely get it. I would understand if the original poster entered the word bump later in the discussion, or someone who thought they had a good reply would try and bump their own witty reply up the rankings, But why would someone simply reply with just the word 'bump' or 'bump bump'? Is it like paying a compliment to someone, ie saying 'I think this discussion is great!' Bit like the 'like' button on Facebook?
  • HappyNinjaStar
    HappyNinjaStar Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    another reason to 'bump' a thread is so someone can log on to MFP at a later time point and that thread will be in their news feed so they can easily go back to it and finish reading posts rather than wading through pages of threads.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    tumblr_me2toal2Sv1r1ang0o1_400.gif

Pound cake..........french fries
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Belly-Bump.gif
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Belly-Bump.gif

:bigsmile:
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Belly-Bump.gif

:laugh:

:bigsmile:
  • rio66
    rio66 Posts: 49
    Options
    Haha I still don't fully understand it but oh well. I won't be losing sleep over it!