Fit Bit

Options
Does anyone use the fit bit one? does it sync well with my fitness pal? I am concerned the clip would not be accurate?

Replies

• KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit One. Previously I used a fitbit Ultra for 6 months. They both sync well with MFP and gave the same results.

Is it accurate? That's hard to say. It's a tool to help motivate you and get an idea of your daily calorie burns. In the 7 months I've been using it I haven't got fatter so it can't be too far off.
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I was going to post a similar post today. My friend got a fitbit one and she likes it. I was thinking of getting one but I wasn't sure if its really would the $100.
  • TooFat2Fix
    TooFat2Fix Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    sorry for so many questions, but does this replace the exercise entry? so if you do a 20 walk, you don't manually log it, it just uploads?
  • powlist
    powlist Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • L_Stradford
    L_Stradford Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Does anyone use the fit bit one? does it sync well with my fitness pal? I am concerned the clip would not be accurate?

I use it and I love it! It syncs very well with MFP and it does so quickly, usually within 2-4 minutes of me pulling the info up.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    sorry for so many questions, but does this replace the exercise entry? so if you do a 20 walk, you don't manually log it, it just uploads?

Fitbit was "made" so you don't have to log anything you do, I log it though. Personally, I like seeing the calories I burn doing whatever it is I'm doing and I find that my Fitbit isn't right, and my HRM is.

Check out the Fitbit group here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/1307-fitbit-users

I'm confused by what you mean about the clip not being accurate?
  • L_Stradford
    Options

It does for exercises where it can count the steps. When I swim, lift, or use the elliptical, I do not use it and I manually enter my activity. I know it won't be accurate. It also isn't water proof. If I walk, jog, run, do Zumba, use the treadmill, or do Dance Central, I use it and do not log it as it links my stats up with MFP and logs it for me. It just uploads once you sync it.
  • L_Stradford
    Options

Fitbit was "made" so you don't have to log anything you do, I log it though. Personally, I like seeing the calories I burn doing whatever it is I'm doing and I find that my Fitbit isn't right, and my HRM is.

Check out the Fitbit group here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/1307-fitbit-users

I have also used my HRM with my fitbit and they are always within the same calorie range. It might be different for some but it's always pretty accurate for me. Not to mention that both are really just estimates and nothing is exact.
  • TooFat2Fix
    TooFat2Fix Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    This is exactly what I was looking for....thank you! The link to the "group" had great infol. I am ordering it today!
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options

I have also used my HRM with my fitbit and they are always within the same calorie range. It might be different for some but it's always pretty accurate for me. Not to mention that both are really just estimates and nothing is exact.

That's interesting because I have an HRM but I wasn't sure if the Fitbit would be better or not.
  • L_Stradford
    Options

That's interesting because I have an HRM but I wasn't sure if the Fitbit would be better or not.

I personally like my FitBit better than I like my HRM. But that is just me. I like to see my mileage, steps, and approximate calories burned. I also like the fact that I can wear it all day and that it automatically links up with MFP and I don't have to go worrying about how many more calories I need to burn, etc...

My HRM will say I burned 349 calories and the FB will say I burned 342 calories. To me, that isn't a big enough difference to worry about and I always put the lowest estimate anyway. I'm not saying that the FB is better because you might just like your HRM better after trying the FB out.

But I love it and don't have to worry about straps and so on and so forth when I want an approximity of calories burned.

HTH.