Night binges

Options
I am doing really well except that I binge eat for maybe 5 minutes I go to bed sometimes. If I can take out that it would be awesome. I just keep shooting myself in the foot. Does anyone have this? I hate to go to bed hungry.

Replies

• stfuriada
    stfuriada Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I either portion my day out to eat fewer of my allotted calories in the day so I can binge at night... orrr you can have like a cup of cottage cheese before bed.
  • aray1970
    Options
    Or a teaspoon of peanut butter?
  • jrhodo
    jrhodo Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have exactly the same problem. When I started here I realized that if I just cut out my night snacks, I would be at 1200 for the day. My suggestions:
    drink lots of hot tea, it fills me up
    go to bed early
    realize that you have to go to bed hungry
  • tryshaantonelli
    tryshaantonelli Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Try something liquid like hot tea or maybe even cocoa. The hot liquid will fill your stomch and trick your brain into thinking its full. A mug of cocoa is less calories than a typical binge and you get chocolate!
  • noctural
    Options
    I drink a glass of water when I get those cravings. While I'm drinking it, I think about the food craving and how I don't want to ruin my calories for the day and fail. Good luck!
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options

this helps me and sometimes i will put it on a gram cracker. yummy
  • Ph4lanx
    Ph4lanx Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I allocate part of my intake to "Before Bed". Over time, I've changed it to be a Casein-based protein intake to supplement my weight training. It's slow-release, and so keeps me satiated overnight. It's just casein protein mixed in some milk, but it works.

The only thing to watch out for is if you do eat before bed, your body temperature tends to be slightly raised as it deals with the food, so if you're easily woken by heat, it might not be the best option.
  • stfuriada
    stfuriada Posts: 445 Member
    Options

TEAspoon?? That's like a lick. :sad:

I'm addicted to PB so unless it's PB2, I'm not going to risk triggering a super peanut butter binge. :laugh:
  • Nightfly01
    Nightfly01 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I have been drinking green tea, but at night I can switch to chamomille. I really need to have te kitchen cleaned and the kids lunches packed before I get to that state.