GymPact App

Options
Anyone doing this? Thoughts?

Replies

• Meg_Shirley_86
    Meg_Shirley_86 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I use it and love it. It can be buggy, but I have had no problems. I would like to friend other Gympact users and maybe get a group going.
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I used it for a while but deleted my account last week. It was just too buggy for me to be comfortable with them having my credit card info. It has great potential though. I didn't like that if you tried to schedule a break it doesn't confirm it in any way so you just hope it worked. I also had it fail to update my pact a couple times so I had to work out more than I had time for or lose money. If the rewards were more in line with the risks (I never got more than 50 cents/workout but the cost to miss just one workout is $5) I might have stuck with it.

I also found it was making me focus more on the quantity of my workouts than the quality. I'd rather just take a rest day when I need it and have a kickass workout the next day than think "oh no, I don't want to lose $5. I guess I have to at least take a half hour walk" although I do like that you can sync it to runkeeper to take a walk if you need an easy workout to hit your pact.

It's worth trying to see if you like it but they still have a long way to go before I'd recommend it.
  • saracooke31
    saracooke31 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I use it and love it. It can be buggy, but I have had no problems. I would like to friend other Gympact users and maybe get a group going.

Great idea!