unfried, fried chicken!

Options
eriemer
eriemer Posts: 197
2 Chicken Breasts (no skin, no bone,premarinated from the deli, could also use plain if desired)
1/2 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
1 lg egg
1 tblspn milk
Cooking Spray

Preheat oven 425 degrees.

Cut Chicken breasts in half width wise, rinse with cold water and pat dry. Beat together egg and milk in one bowl and add chicken. On seperate plate or bowl pour Panko Breadcrumbs. Press chicken one at a time into bread crumbs, then place on a presprayed cookie sheet. With remaining crumbs press into chicken breasts. Spray very lightly with cooking spray. Bake for exactly 25 minutes.

This is the only baked chicken recipe I've ever made that was actually crunchy, reminding me of fried chicken. I like to use premarinaded breasts for added flavor but it's great with plain ones. Also, you could cut the breast to strips for chicken finger. Enjoy.

Replies

• LJ102011
    LJ102011 Posts: 110
    Options
    Looks great!
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Theres also a fatless deepfrier that you can get for outdoors. Its huge though. But no oil involved
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the idea - I wanted to make something with chicken tonight, and this will be it. Thanks for sharing!!
  • jennyph2006
    jennyph2006 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    BUMP thank you!!
  • skinnybysummer24
    Options
    Yum! So excited to try that one day :D
    Thanks for sharing!<3
  • PeggyWoodson
    PeggyWoodson Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    2 Chicken Breasts (no skin, no bone,premarinated from the deli, could also use plain if desired)
    1 lg egg
    1 tblspn milk
    Cooking Spray

Cut Chicken breasts in half width wise, rinse with cold water and pat dry. Beat together egg and milk in one bowl and add chicken. On seperate plate or bowl pour Panko Breadcrumbs. Press chicken one at a time into bread crumbs, then place on a presprayed cookie sheet. With remaining crumbs press into chicken breasts. Spray very lightly with cooking spray. Bake for exactly 25 minutes.

This is the only baked chicken recipe I've ever made that was actually crunchy, reminding me of fried chicken. I like to use premarinaded breasts for added flavor but it's great with plain ones. Also, you could cut the breast to strips for chicken finger. Enjoy.

What store sells premarinated chicken. I've never heard of that but it sounds so good. Just trying to figure out where to get some.
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    Sounds delish!
  • pitbullmama
    pitbullmama Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    1 lg egg
    1 tblspn milk
    Cooking Spray

What store sells premarinated chicken. I've never heard of that but it sounds so good. Just trying to figure out where to get some.
    I have found them in most major grocery chains. Unfortunatley they are generally very high in sodium.
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    this will be tonight's dinner!
  • eriemer
    eriemer Posts: 197
    Options
    Our local Pick-n-Save and Festival Foods have premarinated Chicken. Of course it's good with plain breasts or you could marinate your own overnight with fat free dressing, bbq, spices, or whatever. I love this recipe, the kids even request it.
  • clarebrad
    clarebrad Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    yum, thanks, might add some spice to it too, try and make it a bit like southern fried chicken
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    yum, thanks, might add some spice to it too, try and make it a bit like southern fried chicken

mm, good idea...i'll throw some jerk spice in there
  • litlmeg919
    litlmeg919 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What's the nutritional value on this? I'd like to try it!
    1 lg egg
    1 tblspn milk
    Cooking Spray

• THuffman1967
    THuffman1967 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious! I love my Mom's fried chicken. Wonder how this will stack up?
  • Kelley528
    Kelley528 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I wish I defrosted chicken so I could try this tonight.

I miss breaded chicken. I still eat it once in a while but the combination of bread crumbs and the amount of oil needed is just not worth the calories to me.

I never used Panko bread crumbs before. Do you think it would work with regular bread crumbs?
  • JayStu
    JayStu Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    so have to try this
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    Will have to try this weekend
  • sasu27
    sasu27 Posts: 51
    Options
    1 lg egg
    1 tblspn milk
    Cooking Spray

I seen some at Target the other day in their freezer section.