Green Tea

Options
I'm being encouraged to drink Green Tea by my work colleagues who know how keen I am to improve my health and lose weight......I just don't know WHY they are so obsessed with serving me this bitter brew, and why adding sugar would negate the benefits of drinking this - can anyone enlighten me or point me towards a good source of information on this? Is it 'OK' to add some honey atleast?
And is the new Tetley 'Blend of Both' a good compromise with the good properties of green tea but the taste of black tea? (for those who haven't tried it, it's mixed normal tea and green tea which can be served with milk and is much less bitter).
Am I just better sticking with water (and a squeeze of lemon) whilst at work?
(atleast I'm off the coffee and cokes! or worse, RedBull! :drinker: )

Replies

• now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    People say green tea helps with weight loss... however studies have shown that in order for it to help even a little bit you would need to drink 4-6 cups of it a day.

If you don't like it, don't drink it. It's not worth drinking if you don't like it. A cup here and there won't give any results other than giving your body a few extra antioxidents.
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, I don't really think that forcing yourself to drink green tea will help you. I drink it because I like it and it is my only source of caffeine, but I absolutely believe that water is the healthiest thing to drink. I think it's awesome that you're drinking water! Do what works for you.