healthy breakfast ideas?

Options
Each week at our school, two or three teachers sign up to bring in food for the office and staff in our Learning Community (about 50 people). I'm up again on January 25th.

I usually try to bring something quick and easy - like coffee cake, fruit tray, etc....stuff I can buy at the store. This time, I'd like to bring something a bit more creative and healthy...

Any suggestions or ideas that I could maybe make or buy that are a little more interesting than a pre-made fruit tray?

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Each week at our school, two or three teachers sign up to bring in food for the office and staff in our Learning Community (about 50 people). I'm up again on January 25th.

I usually try to bring something quick and easy - like coffee cake, fruit tray, etc....stuff I can buy at the store. This time, I'd like to bring something a bit more creative and healthy...

Any suggestions or ideas that I could maybe make or buy that are a little more interesting than a pre-made fruit tray?

996667.jpeg
  • Joyjmb
    Joyjmb Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Normal size bran muffins or mini muffins? Normal meaning 'not the Costco size as big as your head. '
    Lowfat or vegetable quiche?
  • JennInMA
    JennInMA Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    really liked the cubed fruit...that's really creative.
  • MissKitty9
    MissKitty9 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Egg muffins/quiche? Like something like this: http://thehealthyeatingsite.com/cheesy-egg-muffins-with-mushroom-courgette-and-spinach/ (not sure how low-calorie that is, but I'm sure there are similiar recipes out there)
  • BrittaneyHG
    BrittaneyHG Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    plain yogurt with different toppings. honey, nuts, fruit, granola...
    Set it up like a yogurt bar.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Crustless quiche...there are a million recipes on the web. Basically beaten eggs and whatever veg you want to throw in there with a little cheese.
  • BobOki
    BobOki Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Skip breakfast and go Lean Gains. http://www.leangains.com/
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Love little mini quiches made in muffin tins! Eggs, veggies, diced chicken, cheese.......and they are great at room temp too.
  • Thesoundofwolf
    Thesoundofwolf Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    "Ranch" styled greek yogurt dip with pita chips, and vegetable platter.
    Very easy- take a container of greek yogurt (one of those 35 oz from Fage 0% would be best), two ranch packets- mix in a bowl. Serve with sides.
    You get protein, veggies, and it tastes great.

Or switch it up, and have hummus too. Some people might like that.
  • stonel94
    stonel94 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I would say do a quiche with cheese and veggies (ham or bacon in it is good too), spinach and cheese is always a big hit in my experience, and ham and cheese. They're not hard to make. And then maybe also do some cubed fruit or something,

Also the yogurt bar is a good idea, you can do it with oatmeal too if that's easier to just make a big pot of oatmeal. But more people might like yogurt. You can put already cut strawberries and blueberries (buy in store), granola, chopped nuts (like almonds), and then some sugar and packets of splenda and stuff. If you use nonfat greek yogurt it's really yummy and thick and doesn't seem so healthy.

Also you could do an egg muffin, which is kinda like a little baby quiche, you mix your eggs (or egg whites) and put stuff you want in them (so you could make different types, just veggies, veggies and cheese, cheese and ham, etc. etc. to have something for everyone) and then you pour it in a muffin tin and you have little egg muffins.

Also egg sandwiches, whole wheat english muffins, some eggs, bacon, cheese whatever.

Smoothies! super easy, do different fruits with yogurt, you can find tons of recipes, and this would be easy to do a couple different types (put some protein powder in some of them maybe?)

you have lots and lots of options

Edit: oops by the time I posted this a lot of these were already posted, but oh well