Roasted Veggie Tacos

Options
MinMin97
MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
Lots of veggies right now in season, and they are so prolific they are threatening to take over my refrigerator.
I am fighting back, roasting them, and putting them into a tortilla!

Roasted Winter Veggie Tacos

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment, if desired.
In a large bowl, add diced up winter veggies, such as rutabaga (or turnip), sweet potato, carrot, onion....also can include veggies such as cauliflower and broccoli, but I might roast those on a seperate sheet, just in case they finish roasting sooner.
Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat. Place on a cookie sheet (I have a stoneware cookie sheet).
Sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
Roast until they begin to carmelize (turn a golden color in places). This makes them sweet and creamy! Stir them part way through the roasting process.
Place into warmed tortillas and add pepper jack cheese, sourcream, salsa, cilantro, thinly sliced cabbage, sqeeze of lemon, etc.
You could add some roasted chicken, too.
Little snarky joke I saw: VEGETARIAN: Ancient tribal slang for someone who can't hunt or fish. LOL!!!

Replies

• wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    broccoli tacos... amazing
  • Calantorntain
    Calantorntain Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    That sounds so good!
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    yum!
  • MinMin97
    Options
    And, don't forget to slice some avocado into your taco! =)
  • nczuczu
    nczuczu Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I like your ideas though, may need to try that another night!

I made tacos for the family last night. But for me, I just sauteed onions, mushrooms and peppers in a little olive oil and then ate that. Surprisingly, I didn't even miss the meat! 2 weeks ago, I would have never said this...love meat too much.
  • CornellGirl
    CornellGirl Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Whoa! Sounds great - perhaps wrapping them in lettuce would be tasty too...if i could resist the carbs...
  • MinMin97
    Options
    Whoa! Sounds great - perhaps wrapping them in lettuce would be tasty too...if i could resist the carbs...
    There' s carbs in the root veggies:) So a lettuce wrap or cabbage wrap would be cool...good idea:)
  • amyfliesalot
    amyfliesalot Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Yum! I just watched Giada make roasted veggie tostadas and made a mental note to do that. She used butternut squash also. Looked delish. Will make those for sure. Thanks!
  • Calantorntain
    Calantorntain Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Made this the other day for some dinner guests, it went over well! I used:

- Onion
    - Orange bell pepper
    - Sweet potato
    - Turnip
    - Butternut squash

I think that is it? I also bought a regular potato and a parsnip, but there wasn't room in my pan.

I'm a big fan of seasoning, so I also used minced garlic, red pepper flakes, cumin, parsley, sage, and chili powder.
  • MinMin97
    Options
    ^^^^^^Wow! That sounds delicious! Love the seasonings! I have been making these roasted veggies daily...they go well with leftover scrambled eggs in the taco as well. Definitely fantastic with salsa.
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Options
    I need to try this recipe. Thanks for sharing!
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    all over this!!!
  • dbutorac
    dbutorac Posts: 120
    Options
    bump