Need some opinions on goal weight

Options
I was told by a family member that when I was in my goal weight range back in 2011 - I was "too thin" and that I was starting to scare them. I don't know if that's truth or jealousy.:ohwell:

My weight at that time was 138lbs. My healthy weight range is 120 to 150 lbs for being 5' 5".

I didn't think I looked "too thin"...but I would like opinions from people looking from the outside.

Before: 31788113_8736.jpg After (40 lbs loss): 31788113_6056.jpg

Replies

• mari213
    mari213 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    You look fine! You're in the right range too! Must have a hater in your family.. don't we all! LOL!
  • minsch
    minsch Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    you look great....not too thin
  • RachRice29
    Options
    I think you look great! Super healthy and lean....I don't know what he was talking about. I'm 5"6, and I usually bounce between 130-140.

YOU'RE FINE! :-)
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    I got a lot of those kind of comments. If you're not obviously overweight, most people will tell you "you're too thin" or "stop losing weight." They mean well, they just don't quite get it.

I would just ignore them. You should focus on being happy with what you see in the mirror.
  • dnhardy
    dnhardy Posts: 59
    Options
    Screw what anyone else thinks. As long as you know you're being reasonable and healthy then do what you want.

But personal opinion- you absolutely do not look "too thin" in your goal picture
  • jellybeanmusic
    jellybeanmusic Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    It's maybe cause they were used to you looking a certain way and compared the after to the before and felt you didn't look like the usual you. You look grand though, totally healthy.
  • autopilot_on
    Options
    When my dad lost his 60 pounds I heard lots of comments about him being "sick" or "dying" but he's more healthy now than he's ever been. I think you look just fine. And it's really more about how YOU FEEL. The way you look to others on the outside is pretty much irrelevant. If you feel healthy, you're doing great. Plus I think that people get used to the way you look before so when they see you thinner they're just not used to it.
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    Definitely not too thin. Sometime people *kitten* out their mouths. idk why. I think it's part stupidity blended with a teaspoon of jealousy.
  • EstiloPanama
    Options
    I don't they are 'haters' or 'jealous'. When you lose weight, you have to be careful not to fall into the line of thinking where you feel a bit superior to others. I think their problem is that they are worried you may be losing weight the wrong way, or will pills, or even drugs, who knows. Parents and close family and friends worry about that kind of thing , especially if they don't see you eating right, logging food, or exercising on a daily basis.They are so used to seeing you a certain way and seeing you differently is a concern. Outsiders may say you look great, your family may say you look sick. It's just because they care about you, they are not doing you any harm. You should explain to them that you are logging your food, explain what kind of exercises you like doing and what health benefits you have experiences. Education may help lessen the confusion and even ignorance factor.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    If you're worried about it go to the doctor and get bloodwork and such done. If it comes back clean and you feel good...you're probably fine.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Maybe work on building some muscle too instead of just weight loss. Then they prob won't think that. Then they'll also be too scared to make any comments like that cuz they won't want you using your muscles to eff them up!!
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I agree with all of the above comments. I think you look GREAT, and you should go with what makes you feel healthy and good about yourself.
    I have the same problem...
  • FootsoreRambler
    FootsoreRambler Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    No way do you look too thin. You look like a person who is in her healthy weight range. Kudos, BTW.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I don't think you look too thin, I think you look great. I don't think it's necessarily jealousy with your family, but I would definitely ignore them on this one.
  • Tw1zzler
    Tw1zzler Posts: 583
    Options
    I got a lot of those kind of comments. If you're not obviously overweight, most people will tell you "you're too thin" or "stop losing weight." They mean well, they just don't quite get it.

I would just ignore them. You should focus on being happy with what you see in the mirror.

This. I've heard comments like this most of my life as my family is mainly over-fat. (I'm 5'6" & currently 133#) Ignore them and focus on your goals. You're doing great and it shows!
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    I think you look fine. When in doubt, ask someone that didn't know you when you were heavier. A lot of my friends and family say I've gotten way too thin, but when I meet a stranger they might say I'm small or thin, but they never say I'm TOO thin. I think it makes a huge difference when someone is used to seeing you at a different size. That size became normal for you in their mind. Now you look small in comparison.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I was told....

first mistake... you need to spend some quality time with your body and talk to each other and figure out where you want to go together. she is your best friend. talk to HER.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I bet they were just suprised at how small you looked in comparison to what they remembered and then felt like you looked too small. You looked perfectly healthy :)
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I was told....

first mistake... you need to spend some quality time with your body and talk to each other and figure out where you want to go together. she is your best friend. talk to HER.

Nurture the most important relationship you will ever have - the one with yourself. If you're okay on that field then it won't matter what other people have to say.

p.s. start weight training
  • ReclaimingSarah
    ReclaimingSarah Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Naysayers gonna naysay. I'm still 30 lbs overweight & have started getting those comments. You looked like a perfectly healthy weight!