LOST WEIGHT WITH NO EXERCISE

Options
Last year, I ran into a lady that lost alot of weight with no exercise... I saw the lady again this morning and she has dropped a whopping 163 lbs and she looks like a totally different person... She lost all of the weight with no exercise... She said she didnt watch her macros and she lost as long as she stayed within her allowed calories... She is now exercising including weight lifting and cardio...Wow, is it really possibler to lose all that weight without exercise?

Replies

• CassieRoark
    Options
    It is, only you will be left flabby with no muscle tone....
  • dexter4564
    dexter4564 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I lost a lot of weigh over the last two months with no exercise, I was recovering form surgery and couldn't put any pressure on my right foot. It's all about the calorie deficit.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Its all about calorie deficit from what your body needs to maintain its weight.. If you are eating 4000 calories a day, and you decide to cut something out, like soda.. you may be eating 3500 calories a day.. you will lose weight with no exercise.
  • RyleeNoelle
    Options
    You can lose quite a bit of weight if you deprive yourself of calories. But without exercise, you end up with very little muscle mass and hanging flaps of skin.
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    You diet to lose weight, and look good in clothes.

you exercise as well to look good naked. ;)
  • CassieRoark
    Options

Word!
  • mjoymarshall
    Options
    Um, I lost 99 lbs with no exercise. I would love to be able to find time, but I'm a stay at home mom of 2 little toddlers under 4, one of which who does not nap. Then I work from 4pm-midnight and am lucky to get 7 hours of sleep.

No, I'm not flabby. I look fine in a bikini.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Last year, I ran into a lady that lost alot of weight with no exercise... I saw the lady again this morning and she has dropped a whopping 163 lbs and she looks like a totally different person... She lost all of the weight with no exercise... She said she didnt watch her macros and she lost as long as she stayed within her allowed calories... She is now exercising including weight lifting and cardio...Wow, is it really possibler to lose all that weight without exercise?

It is, all it requires is the correct calorie deficit. However if good health is your goal, you should eat healthy and exercise!
  • Queenb1212
    Queenb1212 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Great posts and comments! thanks all!
  • Andreinne
    Options
    I think everyone here's exaggerating just a bit. You won't necessarily end up "thin but with a disgusting body" as everyone here is practically implying, if you simply lose weight without exercising. It all depends on your genes, and what type of body you have to start with. It also depends on how old you are. If you're young, and you're not obese, you can lose weight by simply eating less and not exercising, and you won't run into the risk of ending up with an ugly but thin body. Now, the older you are, and the more weight you need to lose, the greater the risk that you will end up flabby if you don't exercise.
    So, it's possible, and the body you end up with will depend on several factors, like I mentioned before. Also, the type of lifestyle you have,
  • tashiaberman
    tashiaberman Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    It seems to be the prevailing wisdom that this is possible. However, when the BMR calculator tells me I should be eating 1200 calories/day to lose weight and I eat 1200 calories per day or a little less, but I don't lose weight. So it seems that it is not possible for everyone. I do exercise a little, but work full time and go to school and have a family to take care of, so I don't get to exercise as much as I would like. I have been tracking my calories for months, went on diets my doctor gave me for over a year, where I exercised every day, had my hormones balanced, had my thyroid checked -- nothing works, I'm stuck.
  • HIITMe
    HIITMe Posts: 921 Member
    Options

^^^^^ my new motto
  • kjf1982
    kjf1982 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Um, I lost 99 lbs with no exercise. I would love to be able to find time, but I'm a stay at home mom of 2 little toddlers under 4, one of which who does not nap. Then I work from 4pm-midnight and am lucky to get 7 hours of sleep.

Running around with 2 toddlers is quite a bit of exercise, kudos to you!
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options

You are getting exercise chasing the kids around ;) Most people don't realize it's not just about traditional exercise... If you work up a sweat and increase your heart rate for an extended period of time (20-30 minutes) that is considered movement/exercise. And the little ones definitely keep you moving!

Congratulations on 99 pounds, that is an amazing achievement :)
  • ShanR77
    ShanR77 Posts: 287 Member
    Options

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • aortiz1112
    Options

^^^^^ my new motto

Mine too!!!
  • erika613
    erika613 Posts: 27 Member
    Options

I think taking care of two toddlers is exercise! :) I'm not a parent, but when I've babysat my nephews and nieces, I am *wiped* at the end of the day. And that's just a few hours, not 24/7 like a mom.
  • Lindaspaz
    Options
    I had the same problem. I went to the dr., had a blood test taken and found I was Vitamin D deficient. My daughter was too and couldn't lose weight. Try a Vitamin D supplement.
  • Queen_Adrock
    Queen_Adrock Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    You can definitely lose weight with just eating less, but it helps to exercise. Toning and muscle mass is important, and makes the process much easier.

With that being said, it seems like a lot of people can lose weight with eating right and not exercising, but it's harder to do it the other way around. I have a lot of friends that are motivated to go to the gym, but don't really care about changing their diet, and just adding in moderate exercise won't do much for your goals. I remember hearing that weight loss is 80% diet, 20% exercise. Though 58% of statistics are made up, so it's probably not true.
  • ademiter
    ademiter Posts: 176 Member
    Options

^^^^^ my new motto

Amen to THAT!!!