HRM

Options
Can anyone recommend a good yet cheap hrm? I really would like to get one but my fiance is unemployed at the moment so I am the only one working.

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I'm on a tight budget too. I did my homework, and based on advice here at MFP and Amazon reviews, narrowed my choices down to either a Polar FT4 or FT7 or a New Balance N4. I looked on eBay for auctions for new items for each model and added them to my watchlist. The New Balance came up first - got it brand new in the box for $26 (retail is $70).

Takes some patience in waiting for the right auction, but it's one way to find a good HRM for a lot less. Just make sure you get one that has a chest strap - the less expensive watch-only models aren't worth it, which I learned the hard way. :tongue:
  • mrslehan2013
    Options
    Okay, Thank you! I'll check those out when I get home!
  • AngieW10
    Options
    I just purchased a New Balance N4 and I love it. It is pretty easy to use and tracks the data well.

Definitely watch it on the internet. I got mine on a total fluke and only paid like $27 for it.
  • Thesoundofwolf
    Thesoundofwolf Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Personally loving the **** out of my Polar FT4. But I got it on deal through amazon with the new year prices. Not sure if it's still on sale. Still looking over 50 bucks on these things.
  • Lola527
    Options
    What is HRM?
  • msphyl46
    Options
    I got a Polar FT4 from Amazon right at $60 about a month ago on the advise of some of MFP and I absolutely love it. Not too expensive and it is totally worth it.
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    What is HRM?

HRM = Heart Rate Monitor

I have a Polar FT4 and love it. It never occurred to me to watch for deals, d'oh! I spent about $70 for mine IIRC, but it was worth every penny.
  • Lola527
    Options
    Thank you. Heart concerns are huge to me considering family history.
  • raqufern
    raqufern Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm I got mine through Amazin as well, but I just didnt have the patience to wait on the auctions so got mine for $70. I think it is so worth it!!! It is a polar FT4 and so far I am hooked. It motivates me to work harder during my workout sessions!
  • mrslehan2013
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks guys and gals! I will compare them and see what we can fit into our budget!
  • MsJayeKaye
    MsJayeKaye Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my Polar F4! Got it on Amazon for about $60 several months ago. I never workout without it :smile: