Conflicting info? help?

Options
Okay i did 57 mins of just dance 4 on WII . I didn't do the leg movements as i had a knee injury and cant do the leg movements but i did full force on the arm movements and got perfects on every song. I weight 376lbs :(. My polar ft4 is what i used i didnt use the polar for about 6 months this is my first day using it again. My burned calories seems off?? dancing general (low version) on my fitness pall says i should have burned 688 calories. my polar ft4 says i burned 388 calories? being 376lbs and doing hardcore for 57mins seems 388 calories is low?? which one should i count 688 or 388?

FT4:

57:55min
388 calories
average 114 (heart)
maximum 136
in zone 1:49

i dont know what in zone means either?

Replies

• nmoinsdca
    Options
    Bump!
  • tadpole242
    tadpole242 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    In zone means you were in your selected "fat burning zone" for that amount of time... so your burn from your HRM may be right on the money
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Definitely the lower one from the HRM. They are both estimates, but I would trust the one measuring heart rate. It probably had something to do with not doing the leg moves. When you are able to do thoses, I bet your calorie count goes up.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I'd go with the HRM (assuming you've set it up correctly) MFP's calorie estimates are probably premised on leg movement as part of dancing, glutes and hamstrings are pretty much the biggest muscles in your body and are responsible for most of the calories expended in any activity involving locomotion.
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Also, your average heart rate was only 114. So 688 is definitely an overestimate.
  • nmoinsdca
    Options
    My normal beats per minute is 80? if this helps?
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    MFP database would assume you were using your legs as well. I think that is a great burn for just using your upper body!!