Trying to lose 40lbs

Options
I am a 31 year old single mother of two from Jacksonville, Florida. Like most people, I am trying to start my weight loss journey again. I have struggled with weight loss since my last son was born almost 9 years ago. I am trying to lose about 40lbs and would love to have some support and looking for that through these forums and groups. Wishing great success to all! :happy:

Replies

• dmkirk28
    dmkirk28 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me. I am also here to lose 40 pounds. I have tried all kinds of "diets" but WW worked the best for me. Honestly this is better because it's free and the people are really encouraging. I started last week and so far so good.
    Good luck on your journey :)
  • Taralmh
    Taralmh Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You both can add me too. I want to lose 40lbs...that seems to be our magic number. I would love to lose it by April 1 (Spring Break). But with at soon to be 3 year old some things are hard. I am willing to give it a shot I just need some support and a push everynow and again.
  • dmkirk28
    dmkirk28 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You both can add me too. I want to lose 40lbs...that seems to be our magic number. I would love to lose it by April 1 (Spring Break). But with at soon to be 3 year old some things are hard. I am willing to give it a shot I just need some support and a push everynow and again.

How's it going for you so far in the new year??
  • Amy_Alise
    Options
    I'm in the 40lb club too! I've tried other diets and get around 20lbs down before I give up and end up gaining it all back. I like this too because it's free!
  • lkplibra
    lkplibra Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! Feel free to friend me. I have two little kids as well. I am about half way to losing my 40 lb goal so we can do this together. :)
  • kristijean
    kristijean Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies I am entering my 40s and am already finding the struggles. In any case, I found the accountability and support has helped me along the way. I created a private group on Facebook for just that. If any of you are interested. Send me a friend request Kristi Shane Holmes or www.facebook.com/kristijean3 and I can add you.
  • ElleM0
    ElleM0 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hi There,

I too am in Duval County! Let's be friends. Good Luck on your journey!! :flowerforyou:

-Elle
  • LizCO2DC
    LizCO2DC Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Add me as well :) I have about 40 left to lose too. I really want to make sure that I'm at a healthy weight before I start having kids.
  • melodyfae
    Options
    Add meee tooo! I will loose 40lbs over the next few months. My goal is slightly over one pound a week making that 5 lbs a month. I want to change my lifestyle not just drop weight. Good luck on your journey!
  • EBurke0723
    EBurke0723 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I believe I've added everyone that requested I do so. Let's all give each other support and kick this weight!