Eating out and the "Lighter choices."

Options
It seems like wherever I go, they offer a lighter choice menu that usually contains 750 or less calories, but the sodium is through the roof.

Just a pet peeve I have. I feel like I can never eat out during the week because even the lighter choices are obnoxious.

Replies

• BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Sodium doesn't cause fat gain (or prevent it's loss). Their non-lighter choices are also super high in sodium. Sodium is yummy.
  • mgram2
    mgram2 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Chilis Lighter Choice Grilled Chicken Salad.
    I get it with no tomatoes (I don't like them), no cheese, and the dressing on the side.
    The way I eat it makes it less than 300 calories and is DELICIOUS.
    I eat this every time I go!
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I hate that chilis salad ^ but I don't like chilis (or hot things) in general :(
  • ShaneNelson
    Options
    The only thing higher sodium will do is retain more water in your body, which will make you feel bloated. You wont gain fat from sodium, and you'll lose that water just by working out. I
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Try spending a week in an area where you can't even find a salad on the menu. Not even oatmeal or a fruit cup for breakfast.

It was torture!

Just balance it out by drinking extra water to flush out the excess sodium.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I don't know of any restaurant food that's low in sodium - that's just how it is. If you know you're going out to eat, drink tons of water before and after and that'll help offset the temporary water gain.
  • MallorieGreiner
    MallorieGreiner Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Try spending a week in an area where you can't even find a salad on the menu. Not even oatmeal or a fruit cup for breakfast.

It was torture!

Just balance it out by drinking extra water to flush out the excess sodium.

Gawh, not cool.