"Under Construction"

"renovations underway, stand clear of awesomeness"
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    BMI-normous
  • ToshaFeb268
    Options
    When I visited home this past Christmas, a friend of mine gave me a hug and said, "How's my big girl?" Eventhough I don't like being called, "big" but I really wouldn't have liked it if she had called me fat.
  • FrozenSongBird
    FrozenSongBird Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    It really is a hard line to toe though because we never really know what is offensive to others. I try to maintain the attitude that if I wuld be offended, I dont say it.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    BMI-normous

lmfao
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Fat works. After all any politically correct term you can come up with today will be taboo tomorrow, and this is the way it'll keep going until it's considered wrong to even acknowledge it ever.
  • dcyr009
    dcyr009 Posts: 93
    Options
    Stored energy is the best term.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    When I am trying to describe a fat person at work to someone I will say something like "the bigger lady with the short blonde hair" or something like that.
    I also say "big" in descriptions. "The tall mom, who's kind of big and with blonde hair". Or the "Short teacher who's a little on the bigger side and with a red 'fro".

If I were to refer to myself like when meeting a client who hasn't met me for the first time "usually I refer to my car" but if I HAD too, I'd say, "well, I'm kind of petite, well actually I used to be petite, but now I'm just short."

I try to find some other description than the person's weight if you need to describe them....
    like "Jenny, the blonde lady who's desk is by the rear stairs, with the 3 kids?"
    or "Jack, the one who is always talking about cars"

Generally, if you think for a few extra seconds, past their weight, you can find SOMETHING and leave their weight out of the conversation.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Overweight for fat, underweight for too thin. There isn't anything difficult about it.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    big
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Call it what it is...no matter how nicely you try and put it, it still boils down to being fat/overweight..lol
  • banger711
    banger711 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I use "relaxed muscle"
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    "great personality"
  • portergolf
    Options
    "must be bulking"

"Dirty Bulk"
  • Syreeta6
    Syreeta6 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Most people I know say "heavy set"
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    deanno_zps608e8846.gif

it's a trap
  • bebreli
    bebreli Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    "great personality"

:noway:
  • EstiloPanama
    Options
    Rubenesque ; )
  • Tw1zzler
    Tw1zzler Posts: 583
    Options
    Zoftig.
  • beskimoosh
    beskimoosh Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I try not to refer to other peoples weights, but for me I say I have junk in the trunk... and the bonnet!

I'm loving fluffy though!