Everyone talking about losing, but I want to gain weight!

Options
Anyone on here have motivational advice or tips on how to eat, and what to eat please?
I seem to be constantly looking for "what to eat next" and try as I might, I can't get enough food to hit my daily goal. It's frustrating. I have added weight gainers and protein shakes, and I'm trying to eat "clean" instead of junk food and pizza.

thanks

Replies

• GingerSnark
    GingerSnark Posts: 153
    Options
    I'd say open your food diary so we can see what you eat & go from there.
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    i'm with gingershark on this one. it would be more helpful to see what you're already eating.

some foods that you should incorporate in your diet though are cheese, whole milk, nuts, peanut butter, avocados, granola, dark chocolate, etc.
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Maybe try having double portions of what you are already eating...unfortunately, I really don't know. Sorry. Hope someone can give you some sound advice.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    My husband has this problem. He feels like he constantly has to eat to get enough calories yet he gets so tired of food. Some things he find is eating larger portions at normal meals, try to have a large breakfast of wafles, eggs, pancakes... (I cooks them on weekends and he can just re-heat during the week), and he eats a large bowl of organic ice cream at the end of most days.

Other things to do is make large fruit smoothies with bananas and frozen yogurt or use some of the calories in healthy drinks.

Hope this helps. I have a hard time helping him too.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    You can have some of my weight! :tongue:
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Well some high calorie, but healthy foods, include nuts and avocados. You could also try energy/sports bars - they have nutrients and are high calorie. I know this will be my problem when I try to maintain.. I will need to eat a lot to maintain my weight.
  • SarahNicole317
    SarahNicole317 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    If you are trying to put on lean mass stick with clean foods, like you said. If you are incorporating protein bars and weight gainers for multiple meals you are going to end up putting on excess fat weight. I would stick to one protein bar OR (not and) one weight gainer shake/day. Add olive oil when cooking, sweet potatoes, brown rice, lean red meat, whole wheat pasta... one of my boyfriend's favorites that I prepare ahead of time so he has it for the entire week....

Mediterranean Pasta Salad

4 large chicken breasts
    1 box of whole wheat pasta
    4-8 oz feta cheese
    1 red pepper (or 1 jar of roasted red peppers), diced
    1 container kalamata olives, sliced in half
    Half to 3/4 of a bottle of Newman's Own Cesaer Vinaegrette
    garlic powder to taste

1. Marinade chicken breasts in salad dressing for 30 minutes and grill until done. (let rest before slicing to redistribute juices)
    2. Cook pasta, drain, let cool.
    3. Once chicken and pasta have cooled, add olives, peppers, cheese, dressing to taste, and garlic powder.
    4. Mix and enjoy for up to 4 days!

**make sure you stir it before you eat it because the dressing will settle.

Hope this helps!
  • hill242
    hill242 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Check out this article for ideas

http://www.stumptuous.com/eating-for-mass-gain
  • majikmeg
    majikmeg Posts: 9
    Options
    I gain muscle weight really easily when I work out so we have the opposite problem. Try weight lifting. To build muscle you want high weight low reps. hope it helps.
  • skywalk
    skywalk Posts: 7
    Options
    Wow thanks for all the replies!!

i think i have opened up my diet to public viewing. I love the recipe snf_05!! making me hungry already! :)

majikmeg, i'm already doing some crazy workouts in the gym, of usually 5-8RM for most compound exercises. Workout's not a problem. it's my diet :(

Anyway, pls let me know if you can view my food profile yet...thanks all!