The Color Run

Options
Has anyone done this run? It seems so fun!! Did you like it and would you do it again? Thinking of signing up for one in my state!! Registration opens on Jan 15!! :) This will be my very first 5k!

Replies

• Umpire57
    Umpire57 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Did it. Loved It. Going to do it again.

It is perfect for someones first 5k cause it is not really focused on time. It is not even timed officially.
  • Zaria_Athena
    Zaria_Athena Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Yes, I ran it last year wearing a white wedding dress!
    It was an AMAZING event and I would totally recommend it.
    It is a great first 5k event. There is no timing.
    You're only focus should be completing the event and having fun.
    :-)
  • ashlielinn
    Options
    I loved it! Tons of fun!
  • Midnight1210
    Midnight1210 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    The second 5k I ever did was the Color Run in Philadelphia July 2012. It was so hot and humid it was more of a Color Stroll for most people involved - but it was the most fun I've had doing "exercise" in forever. Since it wasn't a time event, we just enjoyed the sheer craziness of the event and everyone there. Even got all the color to stay put on my official T-shirt with a vinegar trick we looked up online.

Note for future reference: Do not attempt to breathe going through the color zones... :bigsmile:
  • LindsayT2012
    LindsayT2012 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I did this run last year was a blast and I will be doing it again this year! Make sure u wear white;-)
  • DLSlim
    DLSlim Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I did it in Philadelphia 2012. SO MUCH FUN! Really, do it. You'll love it, I promise!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I AM!!

Me and about ten of my Fitness Pals are doing it in Pomona on March 16!!

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
  • Sweetannec
    Sweetannec Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I walked it and it was fun! I'm hoping to do it again!
  • aswearingen22
    aswearingen22 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on why you want to do it. If it's for fun, absolutely do it. If you want to race it, no, don't do it. We missed the Color Run last year as it was the same week we were on vacation, but did the Glow Run in July (9pm race with glow sticks/costumes/etc) and while fun, it was no fun trying to actually run it...no waves starting according to pace, it was a free for all and took us 45 mins to get across the start line and people were walking 6 across blocking the entire path, dogs, strollers, etc. I'm all for walkers, but AFTER the runners. Had I gone just for fun, it would have been ok, but I was wanting to actually run/race! We've avoided all the gimicky runs since, since we like to race!;)
  • MenayD
    MenayD Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am signed up to do the color run in Lubbck, TX this march. I am SUPER excited. It looks like so much fun