*Sigh* Here we go again.

Options
I know the saying "if you are tired of starting over again, stop quitting". While that is completely true, and rather clever I seem to keep giving up without even knowing it. I take a break one day and next thing you know I haven't worked out in 3 months and gained 10 pounds. Cute.
Well, I'm here for a change. Am I super enthusiastic and full of the need for exercise? No. But am I willing to give up some of the comforts of the couch and non sore muscles to become a better version of myself? Sure.
I want change in my body, basically just for self confidence. I don't care if I'm the fastest, the prettiest, or in the best shape of anyone. I'm in competition with myself and hoping to gain something I've NEVER had: self esteem.
Looking forward to meeting some new people on here and I know what a great tool mfp plays in weight loss and fitness.
So after weeks of dreading putting an introduction up here. Its finally real. I'm here, I'm out of shape, and ready to change for the better :happy:

Replies

• determined2lose89
    determined2lose89 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    You can do this if you put your mind to it and commit. I'm kind of just starting back up again. I lost 20lbs last year and want to lose the other 23!

Feel free to add me. We can help keep each other accountable!
  • Brandongood
    Brandongood Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    welcome! feel free to add me for encouragement. its never too late to get back on track
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Go get 'em Bear! Can I call you Bear? Go get 'em, Bear!
  • _cherbear_
    Options
    Go get 'em Bear! Can I call you Bear? Go get 'em, Bear!

haha absolutely. I love it.
  • FitCowgirl8
    FitCowgirl8 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    welcome! I know exactly how you feel I can't even tell you how many times I started and then stopped again. Feel free to add me for some motivation and support! You can do it this time!
  • mommyof3j
    mommyof3j Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You can do it! You already made the first step in the right direction.
    :smile:
  • EstiloPanama
    Options
    Hi welcome..

It is pretty awesome you joined. You have to allow this site to become addicted. By this, I mean download the app on your phone and use it everywhere you go. Become active in the forums, let your diary be available for your friends to see so they can give you advice on where to improve. Do something fun, like buy Zumba DVD's or join the gym. Get a set of weights or invest in an elliptical...do things that will motivate you. Go in , all in..not half hearted. Take small steps. Set a good weight goal, not an impossible one for now. Set possible calorie goals for the day. Don't be discouraged if the first day, week, or two weeks isn't perfect. Just keep going.
  • wyattlawless
    wyattlawless Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Heys Cherbear, You can do this. CHALLENGE Yourself. FIND Yourself. Your gonna find out that Your capable of soooo much more than You can think of. Low self-esteem robs us of our vision. DO WORK!!!!
  • ajourney2beme
    ajourney2beme Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    My goal for this year is to get self-esteem/confidence in myself and the only way I'm going to be able to do that is to take charge and do something about the things I have wanted to change. For me it's not just about my weight but many things so I really feel like I'm on board with a lifestyle change.

Please friend me if you are looking for friends because I love to encourage people and could definitely use some as well!

We can do this!
  • cdspark
    cdspark Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    "if you are tired of starting over again, stop quitting".

I have never heard that and it is awesome. Welcome, I hope you learn to like excercise. I wish you the best of luck! This place is great if you use it to you advantage!
  • annagxoxo
    annagxoxo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I lost 20lbs for my wedding last year, sadly a month long honeymoon and happily married life have helped me gain almost every lb back !! I felt so much better 20lbs lighter so I started back on Monday ..... This time it's for good !!!!
  • Photomandy
    Photomandy Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Here you are, though! Make MFP a bit of an addiction for a while; it helps!
  • junip1977
    junip1977 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    The important thing is not that you have quit but that you have started up again! You will do great! Feel free to add me, I am new here but loving it so far!! :)
  • bejuled74
    bejuled74 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm starting over again also. I've started over a lot! Feel free to add me, I can use all of the encouragement I can get, and would be happy to provide some as well. :)
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! :flowerforyou: Your introduction sounds like we are at a real support group meeting! :drinker: I'm right there with ya! I want this and I really want this to stick this time around. I'm tired of making excuses! I just need to find the willpower to make it happen! Happy losing!! :bigsmile:
  • _cherbear_
    Options
    Thank you so much for all of your encouragement and kind words, I may not have enough motivation for myself but I think you all are going to rub off on me! :tongue:
  • mahogonnee
    Options
    I'm with you. I keep gaining and losing the same 5 pounds. I'm going to add some friends this time around for some encouragement.
  • lisapreyna
    Options
    Again, I find myself in the same predicament....trying to lose 40lbs. I have now reached a personal threshold. My current weight as of today is 205. I am approximately 5'5", 43 years old, working mother (2) and wife. my cholesterol level is high, my knees are suffering from arthritis and this extra weight is making exercise unbearable at times. I am currently a size 16 and the buttons are under pressure to pop if I gain any more. But I cannot give up this fight...I am determined to lose this weight. I hope to find the moral support I need from anyone willing to give it.
  • tisha_rae
    tisha_rae Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    It does not matter how many times you fall down or off - what matters is that you get back up and back on.
    I've been trying to lose about 50lbs for the last 3 years I've lost half but my adventure has been up and down off and on.

YOU CAN DO THIS.

Good Luck.

Feel Free to add. :)
  • niknak2308
    niknak2308 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Hi Cherbear (and other supporters!)

I've been on here for just over a year - lost 36lbs but then put 16 back on when I fell off the wagon so to speak!

I log in daily and am a keen runner (hark at me now, a year ago I couldn't manage 30seconds and now I'm training for a Half Marathon!)

Anyone is welcome to add me if you wish, I'm always happy to have more friends on here! :flowerforyou: