Lesson learned I think

Options
Since Saturday I have been ill. But for the last three days I made sure that I went for my walk and even did a zumbra class. I havent been eating well as i am just not feeling 100% so I am eating as much as i can right now. I wear a fitbit and every day I do more than 10000 steps. But I guess that because after my exercise I would lay down or just relax due to my coughing it took away nearly all my exercise points that the fitbit recorded. So lesson is keep moving and eating. Lol

Replies

• FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Since Saturday I have been ill. But for the last three days I made sure that I went for my walk and even did a zumbra class. I havent been eating well as i am just not feeling 100% so I am eating as much as i can right now. I wear a fitbit and every day I do more than 100000 steps. But I guess that because after my exercise I would lay down or just relax due to my coughing it took away nearly all my exercise points that the fitbit recorded. So lesson is keep moving and eating. Lol

100000!?
  • ludgerclay
    ludgerclay Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I think maybe the 100,000 steps is a type-o. I ran for 44 hours in a race in August and it took almost 24 hours to do 100,000 steps.
    Anyway, check the MFP support info on FITBIT. There's a reason it uses negative calories when you're not moving around much, but I don't recall how the math works. Good job fitting in a zumba class though...
  • Pickypeggy
    Options
    Yes that was a typo head is pounding.
  • RekindledRose
    RekindledRose Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I hope you are feeling better PickyPeggy! Keep moving, but take rests when you need them. Stay positive; soon you'll be back on your feet feeling good as new again.

Best wishes!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    The best thing you can do when you are sick is rest and concentrate on nutrition. In fact, when I am sick, I try to eat closer to maintenance. This will ensure you are healing faster. I especially work to get carbs and protein to repair my body.