Low-carb breakfast ideas?

Options
13»

Replies

• MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    1 cup Diced Hasbrowns (teeny cubes not the big cubes), 1/4 tsp or to taste chili powder, pinch salt, pinch pepper, 1 tsp unsalted butter, 1/2 cup Egg Whites (or equiv of 2 Large Egg whites) and about 1/4 cup mozzarella (fresh shredded is best).

Cook hashbrowns first with the butter, chili powder, salt and pepper half way through and then add the egg whites and mozzarella until the whites are fully cooked and cheese fully melted through.

It's like a breakfast bake but single serving and made in a pan :) If you don't like it at all spicy there are alternatives or you can omit it entirely.
  • Nobby44822
    Options
    Turkey burger, 160 cals, 0 Carbs, 8% fat and very filling with scrambled egg
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    So.. would a lot of carbs per serving be 10 carbs? or 20?

i really don't know.. I don't eat sugar or much processed foods..
    the banana I eat has 27 carbs.. high or low?
    My protein breakfast smoothie has 28 is that high or low.. (greek yogurt, strawberries, milk, honey, flax seed)

I never reach the carbs limit this site set for me.. but I really have no idea.. I'm always focused on getting enough calories in and protein and fiber.

Just curious really.

I haven't done a ton of research but not all carbs are bad. Especially ones found in fruit and vegetables, etc. What I'm trying to primarily avoid is wheat. Wheat is in so many breakfast items: bread, bagels, cereal, buns, i could go on. Your smoothie sounds delicious and I would definitely give it a try, thanks for the idea.
    Oh yes.. and chocolate whey protein powder is in it too.
  • honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    So.. would a lot of carbs per serving be 10 carbs? or 20?

i really don't know.. I don't eat sugar or much processed foods..
    the banana I eat has 27 carbs.. high or low?
    My protein breakfast smoothie has 28 is that high or low.. (greek yogurt, strawberries, milk, honey, flax seed)

I never reach the carbs limit this site set for me.. but I really have no idea.. I'm always focused on getting enough calories in and protein and fiber.

Just curious really.

I haven't done a ton of research but not all carbs are bad. Especially ones found in fruit and vegetables, etc. What I'm trying to primarily avoid is wheat. Wheat is in so many breakfast items: bread, bagels, cereal, buns, i could go on. Your smoothie sounds delicious and I would definitely give it a try, thanks for the idea.
    Oh yes.. and chocolate whey protein powder is in it too.

Once broken down your body doesn't know the difference between carbs from bread and carbs from bananas
  • JennyVirginia
    Options
    My favorite breakfast is a 2 egg omlette with black olives, artichokes, spinach and mushrooms along with 2 Morning Star sausage links!
    Those Paleo pancakes are AWESOME too!!!
  • JustineMarie21
    JustineMarie21 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Egg whites and veggies or just egg whites
    Chicken
    Yogurt
    Fruit with yogurt you could also add egg white omelet
    Protien drink
  • meadow_sage
    meadow_sage Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I would be more focused on slow-carb, rather than low-carb but I discovered cottage cheese with fruit is wonderful. Had it with fresh mango...mmmmmm.