The Shake Weight?

MrsSmith2010
MrsSmith2010 Posts: 225 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
So.. I'm not going to lie. I'm pretty intrigued by the shake weight since I'll soon be in a halter dress for my wedding. Has anyone tried it or know anyone who has? What is it like, does it work well? Should I invest 19.99 in one? LOL I'm trying to do regular weights but I'm always sucked in my infomercials. That things targets women's arm flab! LOL anyway.... what do we think? :bigsmile:

Replies

• Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Save your money for a set of classic, old school dumbbells :) Far more versatile and not gimmicky.
  • Anything that "shakes" and is advertised toward women is absolutely hilarious to me. I'd stick to regular weights and cardio. For toning, it'll be better to use a higher weight and less reps, but don't strain yourself. I use 8-15 lb. dumbells, depending on the lifts.

Don't get sucked in to the gimmick hehe
  • SNL just did a skit this weekend. Classic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfWvS6wF5pE
  • aedfit
    aedfit Posts: 65 Member
    I am the proud owner of a Shake Weight. Or I should say "Not so Proud Owner". It makes a great conversation peice but I should have spent my $20 on some dumbells and Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred video. :ohwell:
  • Melanie1967
    Melanie1967 Posts: 238 Member
    I am so glad you posted this, and it's funny to, I was thinking about buying one. I watch to many commercials also! Did the acai berry diet and all, what a waste! Guess I will go buy weights instead! Thanks everyone!
  • jenlhugg
    jenlhugg Posts: 141 Member
    My arms have always been flabby, I hat them. But I do old school weights, with lots of bicep and tricep exercises. Tricep kickbacks especially. But seriously, you should take up doing pushups, since I started I can really see some definition in my arms. I started doing the 100 pushup program, and it had really helped. It only takes like 15 minutes a day three days a week. www.onehundredpushups.com, or you can go to the www.twohundredsitups.com and there is a link to it.
  • jenlhugg
    jenlhugg Posts: 141 Member
    I don't hat them, I hate them
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    I think the only good the shake weight has is the entertainment of watching the infomercial. :laugh:

My general rule, if the hook is "Call now and get this amazing offer plus the free gift!" it's not worth it. We all want to put no effort in, but you have to. Plus, it's cheaper to just do push ups and dips at home. :)
  • MyKidzMom
    MyKidzMom Posts: 97
    love the website www.hundredpushups.com it is a great plan!
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    SNL just did a skit this weekend. Classic.

LOL!
  • MrsSmith2010

HAHAHAHAH "I like the slow motion part. Technically they're slowing it down for scientific purposes, but really it just gives me more time to imagine stuff" oooh jeez. classic! hahaha I just thought the damn thing would allow me to get my weight lifting in but easier to allow more time for it. MEH!
  • amcmur88
    amcmur88 Posts: 1
    Waste of money, Wal-mart sells dumbbells super cheap, just try a few reps of some tricep extesions or front raises using a lower weight dumbbell (5-10 lbs). I will show you before we go for our walk on Thursday.

That is the good thing about having a wrestler as a boyfriend, lol. They tell me about exercises I have never heard of before and how many reps to do for what body part.

:o)
  • youngs
    youngs Posts: 250 Member
    I work at a customer service desk and we have them thing return all the time..I say if the package says "As seen on TV"..save your money cause they are returned all the time with people who say they dont work or its not worth the money..I even had a old lady return on and she said she can shake a lg can of soup and get the same results.LOL..
  • blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member

OMG that is Horrible!! lol:laugh:
  • MrsSmith2010
    I work at a customer service desk and we have them thing return all the time..I say if the package says "As seen on TV"..save your money cause they are returned all the time with people who say they dont work or its not worth the money..I even had a old lady return on and she said she can shake a lg can of soup and get the same results.LOL..

Bahahaha! A can of soup! That's hilarious because my grandma definitely does curls with the goulash sauce cans lololol hahaha
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member

Bahhaha I was going to post this if someone hadn't already. And this is exactly what I thought when I first saw the commercial...:bigsmile:
This discussion has been closed.