Hello MFP World! :-)

Options
I am new to MFP, but I am almost a year into my health and wellness journey. I am 26 years old, wife to amazing husband Zack, mumma to my beautiful daughter Lily, and fur-mom to my sweet and silly pup Daphne. I started my journey February 7, 2012, when I joined Weight Watchers. I added in exercising about three months in, but I didn't create a great routine and habit until Fall 2012. I have lost about 43 pounds so far with about 66 left to go until goal. I am still attending WW, but I wanted to join MFP to have some calorie accountability - in WW, they track fat, carbs, fiber, and protein, which is obviously important. However, they consider fruits and most vegetables "free" (no points), and I want to make sure I am not overdoing it on those so I am using MFP in conjunction with WW to keep myself in check :-)

What's your story? I would love to have more friends on here to help keep me on track! ;-)

Replies

• Ashley5704
    Ashley5704 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Welcome to MFP! :) I'm 25 years old... happily married to my husband, Drew, and we just had our first baby 6 weeks ago! I had used MFP to lose 23 pounds but then I got pregnant.. so here I am to lose all my baby weight! Feel free to add me!
  • Congrats on the baby!! How is it going - both with MFP and the baby? She is SUCH a cutie!! :-)
  • mamabisme
    mamabisme Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 43 lbs lost! I am new to MFP and just starting my fitness journey. I am 26, a sahm, wife and mother to 2 lovely girls (3 and 1). I have not drastically changed my diet. I'm trying to get more veggies and whole grains and working hard on portion control. The biggest thing for me has been exercise! I have always been terrible with exercise. Since beginning this healthy lifestyle, just over 2 weeks ago, I have not missed a single day. So, I'm proud of that. I have a lot to lose. I'm down 6.5 lb so far with a 83.5 lb (minimum) to go. At that point I'll re-evaluate and may decide to go for another 20lb. Once I reach the first goal I will be the lightest I've ever been as an adult (by about 20 lb). It will be strange (but amazing, I'm sure) to be there!
  • alevett
    alevett Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    love your user name!