im so upset with my self.

Options
before the holidays i lost 17lbs
well now im ALMOST back where i started (started at 292 and now im right back at 285)
10lbs in two months =[
and it took me twice if not three times as long to lose that!
im getting married in 6 months. ive already bought my dress (before the holidays.. darnit.) my dress is a 22 which at the time fit snugly but not uncomfortably and now im scared to try it on.

i hope in 6 months i can lose at LEAST 20lbs if not 40.

heres hoping =[

anyone have any tips??
i have back problems from a botched epidural and being over weight doesnt help it walking (as eercise not just normal walking) hurts at first but always feels better once i do it for about a week regularly. but it gets boring.

Replies

• jillvalentine
    Options
    WATER WATER WATER!!!!!!! First off I quit drinking soda completely and I feel so much better. I have been restricting my calories as well and the thing that keeps me from cheating is reminding myself that I'm cheating myself. Having a support group, making friends who are dieting is a key thing. Just knowing your not going through it alone is wonderful. As far as working out I do things off pinterest and my yoga dvd. Every little bit counts
  • Queenb1212
    Queenb1212 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! I had to start again after the holidays, but I won't complain, I had so much fun and it's my favorite time of the year. So let's start over for the new year. I'm doing a detox for 21 days: no protein, no sugar, no preservatives, artifical flavors, or caffeine. I've lost 10lbs. (more water weight) in 10 days. Good luck!
  • jillvalentine
    Options
    Also don't be upset just keep going!!!
  • EstiloPanama
    Options
    Dont be upset..it's easy to say that, but if you dwell on it and start thinking negatively , you will develop an "I don't care" attitude and continue to down spiral. Pick yourself up, dust off and move forward...it's not a race, or a competition..it's a journey and during journeys you will get sidetracked but as long as you keep moving toward your goal, you will reach the destination. Take care
  • iamlaprell
    iamlaprell Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Don't get upset with yourself, just get back to work on it. I joined MFP a week ago and have lost 5 pounds since I joined. I find that monitoring my calorie intake and burn makes me that much more determined because I'm able to see in actual numbers what I'm doing to my body.

As for the medical condition, I have shin splints and can understand the aversion to walking. I have managed to walk every day on the same track around my house and through the woods behind my house though. The thing I've found that works for me is to put on my (admittedly) sexist playlist and imagine the body I will have and imagine that the songs are all about my hot new body, lol. It may seem trite and simple, but it really does work wonders and has pushed me from one 30 minute walk up to two 45 minute walks per day.

Just do not lose hope or give up, as most people will tell you it took a long time to put on the weight (and unfortunately once you have, it seems it's even quicker to put on ) so give yourself more than a day to take it off. Just keep in mind that you are changing your life, not just your body and know that it is worth every ounce of effort you can put into it.

Good luck and keep going, I know you'll look great on your wedding day!
  • mckramer1999
    mckramer1999 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up. You aren't on a diet--you are finding a way of life that lets you have fun while still moving forward toward your goals. As long as you keep paying attention (weigh yourself once every week at the very least) and make mindful choices regarding your food, beverages and daily activity levels, you will make progress.

Give yourself a hug and a pat on the back and try to get in an extra workout or 2 this weekend.
  • kvh_1fan
    kvh_1fan Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Don't be discouraged. Holidays are hard on any diet/lifestyle changes. Just re-focus and get back into it. Try different ways to exercise until you find one you like(elliptical, yoga, cycling)! Just get moving! Walking can be boring but you say you're getting married, maybe get your fiance involved with walking or other exercise. Also, drop the negative self talk, this only makes it worse. You CAN do it, just tell yourself that!
  • slboling
    slboling Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Lots of water and you have to stay strict. On track with food and plenty of exercise that you are able to do. Congrats on your upcoming marriage. You can do this!!!!!
  • Heather4275
    Heather4275 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You have lost weight before which is good as you know how to do it. That"s positive you know you CAN do it again.

The 2 best bits of advice I have been given are drink water and log everything everyday. The better you understand your eating habits the better choices you are able to make.

Dust yourself own, try and stay possible and I'm sure you will be successful.

Changing a lifestyle is always going to have a few setbacks.

Good luck.
  • Danni1585
    Danni1585 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Your on mfp, plenty of support around you. Water is e key, I don't enjoy it, or the trips to the toilet every 30 minutes. I think of everyone else doing the same, and try to drink a pint in one to to get it done.

I am also swimming, low impact on the joints. I look gross in a swimming costume but I honestly don't care. I have genuinely got the message (at last), water, sticking to my calories and exercise is the only way I am ever going to lose my weight.

You have a great incentive, try and have a great few weeks and then treat yourself to another try of that beautiful dress.

Good luck
    X
  • kimmiemac30
    kimmiemac30 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is a brand new day :)

I lost 6 stone and have put almost half of it back on over the last 18months, it's not the best feeling in the world when you realise you've gone back up the scales, but you are your own proof that you have determination and you can do it.

I made a decision to get back on it and not dwell on what I've put on but what I know I can loose and what I want to loose. I'm finding that water really is helping, like othes, I am not enjoying having to get up from my desk and go to the loo every half an hour, but as a colleague pointed out, I'm adding a good few more steps to my daily routine with frequent trips along the office corridor!

Good luck, you can do it :)
  • khadijak17
    khadijak17 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    You put that weight on and now your dreading trying your dress on ..........you know what works for you and how to lose that weight just put your mind to it use your dress and the wedding as an incentive think of how your going to be on top of the world on your special day because its a new healthier you! To stop yourself from gaining and going in the wrong direction think about how bad your feeling now and use it remind yourself do I really want to go bk to feeling like that? 6 months is a lot of time you can definitely do this xx
  • scm1991
    scm1991 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    thank you all.. your encouragement has changed my outlook on this... i know im going to gain and lose weight through this process and even after my wedding i wont be done losing weight since i want to get down to 130 so i have to look at this and realize its going to happen.. im going to plateau sometimes and i just need to put that much more effort into it.

yall are awesome <3
  • Frostygirl2790
    Frostygirl2790 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    WATER,and more WATER and more WATER. I found that if you set goals, small ones, and take things one day at at a time helps. Remember we are changing habits/behaviors. which unfortunately takes time to change. Because you want to be able to replace them with better ones. And just having the support of others helps too. Feel free to add me.
  • wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    This is right up my ally.

You see, I started my weight loss journey in September 2011. In the Summer (before my Sr. yr) I got a job. Yay my first job! Well along with that Job came stress and extreme fatigue. Month after month slowly but surely I began dumping all my progress away. In my head I kept saying tomorrow but when tomorrow would come I'd be to tired. The months flew buy. Imagine how I felt when September 2012 rolled around. I hadn't lost much weight but quite a few inches. I was toned up pretty good. My clothes were fitting well and I was wearing a size 15 in pants and pushing for a 14. At the time I didn't see how far I'd come. I didn't see my weight loss in my NSV accomplishments which I had many.

Now its a struggle for me to start over again from ground 0. Its hard for me to get it through my head that I have to really start over again. I am back in my size 16 and pushing an 18. I weighed back in 2011 172 on a bad day and 170 on a good one. Now i at at 175 and climbing.

If I could go back...

We are our own worst enemies. We mess up, but we get back up again. Weight loss isn't instant. Its a journey were some days you are in the valley and others you are on the mountain top. You live and you learn. But one thing you mustn't forget even through all the negative talk we do to ourselves. Never forget how important you are to you. You are worth it. So instead of looking back just say you are worth more than that. I like to say the past is like someone that died. They aren't coming back. It should be the same way with life the past belongs behind you and it should stay there.

Focus on loving you and enjoying the preparation for your wedding. Make better choices, do it for you. Don't try to do something crazy like lose 10 lbs a week. If you lose 40 lbs before than that's great, but if not you don't let that stop you from having a great wedding. Slow and steady ALWAYS wins the race.