Protein Shakes WITHOUT Banana

Options
amgault
amgault Posts: 16 Member
Okay, I know I'm crazy but, guess what? I don't like bananas! I would love some recipes for protein shake recipes that don't have banana in it. And don't tell me that I won't taste it because I am super sensitive to taste and I WILL taste the banana! Thanks for your help!

Replies

• lindsiswatchingyou
    lindsiswatchingyou Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I like to keep frozen fruit around for smoothies. Just add them to the blender still frozen and you won't need ice. You can also add unsweetened apple sauce to thicken it up a bit.
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I am allergic to bananas, I can actually tell if a place didn't clean their blender if i order a blended ice drink from a coffee stand.

I make my smoothies using frozen berries as lindsiswatchi said.

Also, I will put in a few blops of non-fat plain greek yogurt in the blender as well, great for some extra protein. You can freeze the yogurt into some silicone ice cube trays and put a few of those in your smoothie too.
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese has 16g protein per 1/2 cup serving. Throw that in with your powder, fruit, a dab of honey if you need it. Add peanut butter if you have a chocolate powder, or almond butter.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Do you like pina coladas? Try a vanilla protein powder, frozen pineapple chunks, a little shredded coconut, unsweetened coconut milk and a few drops of the Dasani drops in pineapple coconut flavor. You're welcome.

Edited: the other poster mentioned putting a little greek yogurt in there. I do this sometimes as well.
  • fcoatl
    fcoatl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    1c juice or skim milk
    1 scoop vanilla protein powder
    1/2 c plain greek yogurt
    frozen fruit of your choice - we like mango, pineapple and peaches

Super yummy and it doesn't separate bc you don't use ice!
  • staceybrewer
    staceybrewer Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    If you have a sweet tooth, then try the shake (vanilla) with almond milk, sugar free butterscotch pudding mix (1 T), 2 t PB2, and ice. Blend and enjoy!! Tastes just like a Butterfinger!
  • amclaws25
    amclaws25 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I agree..... Frozen berries all the way. Plus, less sugar and carbs and more fiber that way! I ALWAYS love raspberries in mine.... yum!
  • shanmackie
    shanmackie Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    8 oz almond milk + 140 g frozen blueberries + 1 tsp peanut butter no salt + scoop of protein powder = heaven.
  • LizL217
    LizL217 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I put half a scoop of chocolate protein powder in my morning coffee. It's like a $5 starbucks mocha except that it has fewer calories, 15g of protein, and it's free.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    TRAVESTY!!

In all seriousness - most of the time mine does not have banana - just made one 5 minutes ago - frozen blueberries, cup of spinach leaves, quarter cup coconut milk and protein powder (banana flavour ;-) ) - with water ..... total scrumminess!!
  • bsgkid
    bsgkid Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Try vanilla protein shakes with any frozen fruit of choice: strawberries, blueberries, cherries, mangoes, peaches, grapes, melons, pineapples, etc. The consistency of the frozen fruit provides the thickness for the shake without the bananas.
  • Sweetmurry
    Sweetmurry Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    'm allergic to bananas as well! I've been LOVE LOVE LOVING Strawberry smoothies lately... I add some fat free cool whip and agave necter since i like it sweet... works wonders
  • JennyVirginia
    Options
    My favorite is 1 scoop triple chocolate protein powder (I use Pure Protein), 1 cup unsweetened almond milk and 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries or strawberries (whichever one I have on hand).
    I also like using the vanilla powder with frozen pineapples & mangoes and the 1 cup unsweetened almond milk.
  • cupcakegirl81
    cupcakegirl81 Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Do you like pina coladas? Try a vanilla protein powder, frozen pineapple chunks, a little shredded coconut, unsweetened coconut milk and a few drops of the Dasani drops in pineapple coconut flavor. You're welcome.

Edited: the other poster mentioned putting a little greek yogurt in there. I do this sometimes as well.

THANK YOU!!! I love pina coladas!!! This should satisfy the craving!!!
  • cgfol1
    cgfol1 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Okay, I know I'm crazy but, guess what? I don't like bananas! I would love some recipes for protein shake recipes that don't have banana in it. And don't tell me that I won't taste it because I am super sensitive to taste and I WILL taste the banana! Thanks for your help!

I HATE bananas!!!!!
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    I don't like bananas either, and my protein smoothies are amazing....

I load the following into my medium sized ninja bowl and process til smooth:
    70g spinach
    31g choc whey isolate protein
    5g cocoa powder (I like it extra chocolatey)
    15g natural PB
    140g frozen strawberries
    70g frozen blueberries
    8oz unsweetened almond milk
    2-3oz water, to blend

It's about 350 or so calories, very filling, and delicious. And no - you cannot taste the spinach. Just the sweetness of the fruit, the PB and lots of chocolate. Sometimes I sub peanut flour for the natural PB and it works just fine for about 40 less calories.

Enjoy!
  • amgault
    amgault Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Oh wow! I thought that MFP would tell me if I had comments but apparently not...

Haha thank you all for your recipe suggestions! They sound delicious and the pina colada one definitely sounds yummy! Thanks everybody!
  • Hilarywelna
    Hilarywelna Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am so happy to see this! I hate bananas in all form except encased in carb and sugar (banana bread I love for some unknown reason) and it seems like every shake recipe has nasty banana in it!
  • peggymoney
    peggymoney Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Avocados! they are a great way to get the smooth consistency and they are so good for you. A quarter of one will do!
    Mangos are another good way to get the smoothiness that we all love :)
    Canned Pumpkin is also another fave of mine
    pick one with some choc or vanilla protein powder and unsweetened vanilla almond milk and you're set!
  • 503nicksmom
    Options
    Bananas are disgusting. Can't even stand the smell. :-)