ladies 5'4-5'6

Options
I'm looking for some fellow ladies that are in my height/weight range to tell me how much they're losing and how many calories they're eating daily as I've been reading posts about ladies eating over 1200 calories and losing weight still. I weigh 117lbs and am 5'6 :).

Replies

• mayamagallanes
    mayamagallanes Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and my "plan" is set to 1200 calories on here and by my doctor. I am trying to get to my old 155lbs size 3/5 that I was my senior year in high school. I have about 30lbs to lose. I exercise 5 days a week doing cardio as well as swim. I do not eat back my calories I burn off unless I am hungry after, then Ill have a snack to hold me over till morning (I workout 630-8pm)
  • letobot
    letobot Posts: 205
    Options
    You're 117 lbs and you are trying to lose weight?
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options

^^WSS, you're 3lbs under my goal weight. Slightly envious :blushing:
  • bonita071
    bonita071 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Tiffanie0407
    Options
    117!!!! Are you really short or something??????
  • ashleeliza
    Options

I would like to lose another 6lbs, I know 117 isnt a large number but I'm not 100% comfortable with my size right now
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 4.75" and 112. I eat on average 1875 cal a day and on average net about 1780. If I net below 1670 on average for too many days in a row, I will start to lose weight.
  • letobot
    letobot Posts: 205
    Options

I would like to lose another 6lbs, I know 117 isnt a large number but I'm not 100% comfortable with my size right now

Sweetie, I'm no doctor, but i'm educated enough to know that at your height, 111 lbs is probably not a good idea. At the end of the day, only your opinion about yourself counts.
  • llpaq
    llpaq Posts: 263 Member
    Options

Sweetie, I'm no doctor, but i'm educated enough to know that at your height, 111 lbs is probably not a good idea. At the end of the day, only your opinion about yourself counts.

^^^^ Agreed, thats really small hun!
  • llpaq
    llpaq Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    BUT :) I clicked on because I'm 5'5" and a HEFTY 170 right now, I only want to get to 150 maybe even 155- I love my curves and don't want to lose them! :tongue:
  • reyna99
    reyna99 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    WOW I'm 5'5 and weigh 132-136, in a size 4
    and eat 1800-2000 a day!

It's not about starving YOURSELF!
    Since the beginning I never went under 1200! and usually it was 1500 cals a day!
  • Checkiy
    Checkiy Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm 5ft 6, weight 151lbs and eat, roughly, 1450 cals a day - I'm not allowed to exercise at the moment. Lost 3lbs since start of Jan. I'm aiming for 135lbs (will see from there if I need/want to go lower).

Agree that 117 seems pretty teeny.
  • TheRealAutumnShiranui
    Options
    Actually it isn't really that small for her height. It's only about 3 lbs Underweight :)
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    3 lbs underweight is really small...
  • bethd1922
    bethd1922 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm not an expert, but at 5'6 and 117lbs if you still aren't happy with your shape I would say its less about calories and more about what you are eating and exercise. I know I personally see a huge difference in my body with strength training. I am 5'5 and weigh about 138 lbs. I eat about 1600-1700 calories a day when I work out and am trying to drop pounds.
  • maya88j
    maya88j Posts: 29
    Options
    BUT :) I clicked on because I'm 5'5" and a HEFTY 170 right now, I only want to get to 150 maybe even 155- I love my curves and don't want to lose them! :tongue:

im the exact same thing good luck im hoping to see results just started this week
  • RainxPain
    RainxPain Posts: 152
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and my goal on here is set at 1600, but I try to manage between 1200-1400. I have been eating this much since starting recovery in September, and I've lost almost 11 pounds.

Before recovery: 136.3
    During: 125.5
  • campi_mama
    campi_mama Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    You need to focus on body composition instead of chasing some "magic" number on the scale. If you aren't happy with how your body looks at 117 lbs pick up some weights or do some pilates and yoga. Try to eat whole foods, good fats, veggies, lean protein and some fruit.
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" about 118lbs and I net 1500 right now (sometimes I eat close to 2000 with exercise). I am still losing but I don't want to go under 115lbs because it generally doesn't look good on me so I will be slowing this process down by adding more calories in the next month or so. Now that I am close to my goal I'm not sure I really care about a few pounds anymore. I actually look pretty good right now :) it has given me a lot more confidence now that I am around 120 again. So I guess what I'm saying is I'm more focussed on working on strength, flexibility, and balance right now rather than losing. As long as I stay somewhere between 115-120ish I think I'll just let my weight settle where it wants to. Good luck.
  • busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for some fellow ladies that are in my height/weight range to tell me how much they're losing and how many calories they're eating daily as I've been reading posts about ladies eating over 1200 calories and losing weight still. I weigh 117lbs and am 5'6 :).

hi,

I'm 64", and I eat 1500 - 2000 calories a day depending on how much exercise I do.

Macros matter, I'm at 117 lbs and 12% bodyfat. Over a year ago I was 124 and 20% bodyfat. I did not cut calories, I just changed my macros.

I have a bit more body fat in one area than I care to, but that will have to take a net calorie consumption of less than 1300 a day for me to tackle. Something I hate doing. I don't like to be hungry but that is the only way to get rid of that bulge. Just to let you know, you are probablly a very beautiful woman and just need to reshape your body with proper exercise and changing your macros.