Tips and Tricks via Jillian Michaels

Options
I am currently using Jillians Body Revolution 90 day program and the booklet comes with some really good tips that I think may be helpful to some of the newer members to weight loss.

1. Schedule Your Workouts.
Don't let a busy day or last minute change derail you. Make health and fitness a priority in your life. Get the job done!

2. Extra Workout Activity.
Take the stairs, walk the dog, park as far back in the lot as possible. Squeezing in extra activity will help you reach your goal faster.

3. Never Skip the Warm Up or Cool Down.
These are essential to your workout. The warm up prepares your body and mind for the workout. The cool down decreases heart rate and alleviates muscle stiffness and soreness, preparing your body for the next workout.

4. SLEEP!
Sleep is not a luxury. It is essential for good health, balanced hormones, and results. Not getting enough sleep will pack on the pounds.

5. Good Shoes Are A Must.
Use good fitting, supportive shoes. It will make a difference.

6. Dig Deep.
Every day push yourself harder. If you breeze through a workout then you are either not doing it correctly or you need more resistance, range of motion, or increase intensity.

7. Perfect Your Form.
Concentrate on exercise form. This will not only help you get faster results but also prevent injury. Check your form in a mirror to be sure you have good body awareness.

8. Pick a Weigh Day.
Pick a day and time once a week to weigh in. Weighing in every day can be misleading as our bodies have natural fluctuations.

9. Guzzle the H20.
Drink water at least once an hour to stay hydrated, improve metabolism and improve digestion.

10. Fuel Your Workouts.
Working on an empty stomach can lead to muscle loss. Eat a snack an hour before your workout so you have energy and burn fat instead of muscle.

Replies

• jlorton2013
    Options
    My personal tips to add: take measurements once a month and while eating less can help with weight loss, eating too little can hinder weight loss. Make sure you eat enough!!

**feel free to add me so we can help to support eachother in the journey to good health.
    -Jenifer