Do you suppliment?

Options
MizTerry
MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
Do you suppliment your diet and exercise or just go it natural?

Replies

• MinisterTom
    MinisterTom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Only supplements I use are protein shakes, so I guess that is considered natural.
  • Ervie317
    Ervie317 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I like to supplement some meals with protein shakes out of convenience but I also take a women's multi vitamin from Vitamin Shoppe.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    I walked through the doors of GNC. It was the nearest GNC in San Diego, and I felt that I probably should have chosen one that wasn’t in my town. I should have gone to a place where no one would know me. I was already here, so there was no turning around. I could feel people eyeing me. It was as if they knew what I was here for. It was as if they could read my thoughts. I had a black hoodie and sunglasses on so people wouldn’t recognize me, but I had my doubts that they all bought the disguise. I approached the checkout counter and asked the clerk if he had any tubs of the C word. And he had the audacity to reply,

“Creatine?”

“Shut up! People are going to hear you!” I answered him. “Just give me the stuff”. To expedite the whole process I just handed him a one hundred dollar bill and left. I didn’t know how much it cost, nor did I want to know. I hurried home and ran straight up the stairs into my room. My mom was in the kitchen and I didn’t want her knowing what I was up to. I couldn’t lose her respect too. Seeing as I had already lost my own. I opened up the tub and a thin layer of white dust lifted into the air, as if following the lid that I was removing. I just stared at the dust. That very dust may have well as been a foreshadowing to my impending doom. I didn’t care to read the label on the back. I just took the little scooper inside and shoveled ten scoops into my water bottle. I shook the water bottle and tried to down the whole thing at once. I could feel the liquid hate running down my throat. When I finished. I began to panic. It was too late to go back. I had set my fate in stone. What would people say? How would I explain to my family what had happened? How could I explain my gain of 50 pounds of rock hard muscle over night? My friends will think I’m on steroids! I am on steroid! No! Not steroids… Creatine. In an attempt to hide the evidence of the disgusting thing that I had done, I tossed the tub of evil out my bedroom window. A thick cloud of the wicked white dust exploded through the air and covered the side of the house. I would deal with that later. An almost animalistic urge took me over. My internal clock knew what time it was. It was time for my workout. I was walking down the stairs when I started to feel the Creatine monster stirring inside of me. When I reached the bottom, I could barely feel who I was anymore. I walked past the kitchen and my mother asked if I wanted a turkey sandwich. I didn’t have time for this ****. I had iron to pump.

“NO MOM! I DO NOT WANT ANY GOD DAMN TURKEY SANDWICHES!! SHUT YOUR *kitten* MOUTH AND GET BACK TO WORK!” I screamed. I wasn’t me anymore. I was just a shell. A shell holding a dangerous monster. A monster forged out of fear. A monster created by anger. A monster of Creatine. I walked into the home gym that was once my garage and looked at the squat rack. I felt a sudden tingle. A tingle that was telling me to attack the weights like a beast, and give no mercy to the immense amounts of weight that I was about to move. I walked towards the black squat rack with the determination of a lion on the hunt. When I stepped inside, I caught a glimpse of this odd creature in the mirror hiding behind my squat rack. But there was something about this small, frightened creature. I knew it. I felt it. It was me. When I came to the realization of what I had become. I dropped to my knees. Crying. And with a single deafening call, I screamed,

“WHAT HAVE I DONE?????” There was no turning back. There was apologizing. There was nothing I could do but cry. I laid on the floor balling my eyes out for a good seven hours. I cried so hard I felt at time my eyes would bleed. I felt a maelstrom of emotions inside of me. Fear, anger, hate, sadness, regret. But most of all, I felt free. In those seven hours, I had realized that what I had become couldn’t be changed, but I had to live with myself, and I still had to survive. After I had dried my eyes, I stood up, opened my garage door, and stepped out into my new world. My new home. My new gym. The world was my gym, and I could do with it what I pleased. While I still held some of the pitiful and weak emotions of my former self, I also felt a new sense of being. There was no force on earth that could stop me. I looked human, but I was better. I was faster, stronger, and smarter than an average human; my ATP production could not be matched. It was as if I had limitless energy for whatever I wanted. My increased water retention made me thirsty, but it also gave me the ability to go longer without food or water. I was a survival machine. A death machine. A Creatine machine. I began to stampede the streets of my former neighborhood. I was in search of something, but I didn’t know what. It was pure instinct. It was pure emotional drive that kept me moving. After thirty minutes I found that I had traveled around twenty miles and decided to stop for directions. I had a drive. And I finally knew where I was going. It was like a light bulb in my head had lit up, burned out and exploded. I was going to 5957 Vandal Way in Boise Idaho. The address was burned into my head. It was the bodybuilding.com supplement warehouse. That would be the obvious place my brain was telling me to go. They would have enough Creatine there to last me one thousand years! With my improved speed and strength, I could get there in a couple of hours. I began sprinting towards my destination. Leaping over trucks and cars. Pummeling through buildings. I was an angel of death, and the only thing that could get in my way was the almighty god. But I doubt there was much he could even do. When I arrived to the warehouse, I waited outside the main doors. I wanted to create a plan of action. My weaker inner self was telling me to do this with the least amount of casualties as possible. I decided I would walk in and pretend I work there. If anyone asked any questions about the three hundred pound muscle monster on the assembly line, I would probably roid rage so hard there would be nothing the workers could do and the death toll would probably be over nine thousand. I took a deep breath, set my eyes in the door, and casually opened it. When I stepped through the threshold of the warehouse. I couldn’t believe my eyes. I dropped to my knees immediately. I had my face in my hands trying to hold back the crying that was about to ensue. All of the employees, all of the packers, and assembly line workers, were just like me. They were all massive monsters of men. the only explanation for which could be the same substance that transformed ME! Creatine. They welcomed me with open arms as I walked in. the place felt like a sanctuary for my kind. Finally, after all of the pain that I had endured of the last twenty four hours, I was safe. I was happy. I was home.
  • Scarlett_Belle
    Scarlett_Belle Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I suppliment with a product called embrace xtreme and completely love it! But that is in addition to my calorie counting and exerecise.
  • DarthH8
    DarthH8 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Finally, after all of the pain that I had endured of the last twenty four hours, I was safe. I was happy. I was home.

Lol this guy loves creatine.
  • naculp
    naculp Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Body Fortress whey protein and a daily multivitamin, but that's it. No need to get crazy with stuff like creatine; just see above story for its horrors
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Pure Whey Protein powder
    CLA
    Fiber
    Vit D
  • r09shepherd
    Options
    Awesome
  • MrsBach
    MrsBach Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Daily Multivitamin
    Fish Oil
    Glucosamine (for a bad shoulder joint)
    Protein powder
  • lindsiswatchingyou
    lindsiswatchingyou Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Women's Multi Vitamin
    Fish Oil
    Vitamin B12
    Iron
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Finally, after all of the pain that I had endured of the last twenty four hours, I was safe. I was happy. I was home.

Lol this guy loves creatine.

I got that. :laugh:
  • GymMum8
    GymMum8 Posts: 28
    Options
    Multi-vitamin
    CLA
    Acetyl Carnitine
    BCAA's ( have these in my water while training)
    Fish Oil
    Protein

Mel
  • DarthH8
    DarthH8 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Multi-vitamin
    CLA
    Acetyl Carnitine
    BCAA's ( have these in my water while training)
    Fish Oil
    Protein

Mel

You have taught me new things ma'am. For this I am grateful.
  • junipearl
    junipearl Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    depends if I eat enough on a particular day, especially in relation to my exercise

if i haven't eaten enough before a work out, i will have an energy bar
    after a work out, i occassionally grab a protein bar
    mornings i sometimes make protein shakes for breakfast
    and i take daily vitamins, as well as other specific vitamins/minerals if I am lacking them that day
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,639 Member
    Options
    I take an absurd amount of stuff and have for three years now, but that's because I have a lot of health problems that had to get sorted out before I could even begin to think about exercising again.

For muscle health, I take BCAAs, ALA, CLA, L- and Acetlyl-L Carnitine, and have NOW premium whey shakes before "big" workouts and also when I need a protein boost (mostly vegetarian). Vitamins, naturally.

There's a long list of other stuff for endocrine issues, joint issues, GI issues, sleep issues, and the various delights of Getting Old™. But it's all helping. I'm in better health now than I was ten years ago.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Women's Multi Vitamin
    Fish Oil
    Vitamin B12

This and an occasional protein shake if I'm in the mood for it.

I also take Vitex Berry which is good for feminine health (hormones).
  • bjbixler
    bjbixler Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Daily Multi
    Calcium
    Biotin
    Protein powder - when my daily intake isn't enough (VegaOne - I try to avoid soy because of thyroid issues)
    BCAAs - recently added this because I'm doing a lot more weight/strength training
  • WWPaddle
    Options
    Try to eat lots of fresh veggies but also take:

women's organic plant-based vitamin
    glucosamine/chondroitin/msm complex
    gingko biloba
    calcium/vit D

thinking about addin niacin (B3)
    would take fish oil if i could stomach them after working on a fishing boat!

A
  • Sycoholic
    Sycoholic Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Currently taking

Liquid Clenbutrx Hardcore
    Six Star Whey Protein
    generic multi-vitamin
    N.O. Fury

When the Clenbutrx is gone that's it as I'm pretty happy so far with my results. I'll also be starting Creatine after I lose a few more pounds. The creatine is because I do heavy lifting 3x a week. Protein shakes I do for breakfast as a meal replacement and after the gym to help repair muscle. I drink at least 2 a day with milk (8oz each). I am taking the vitamin because I am dieting and want to make sure I'm getting the vital stuff I need, not to mention it's flu season. The N.O. Fury.... well, I like the way it makes me feel when weight lifting. I've also done a lot of reading on it so I understand that there is no proof that it does anything to "build" muscle, such as creatine. What it can do is lower my blood pressure and help the way I feel when I lift, as well as possibly aide in muscle recovery after a workout. Another bonus is my migraines have completely stopped, and for several months now.
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Fo sho

- 1x women's multi
    - 1x blood sugar balance vitamin
    - 1x b12 & iron tablet