Any other non water drinkers out there?

Options
I really need to start drinking more (I am like a camel!) But I HATE water...especially with lime or lemon
Anyone else find a good tasting sub for water that is low calories and carbs

Replies

• alladream
    alladream Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    NO. I skip the lemon or lime.
  • LadyBeryl
    LadyBeryl Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I fizzy and flavor mine with a SodaStream. I also like tea.
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    You should try it with lime or lemon.
  • Mefitternotfatter
    Options
    I hate water too, makes me nearly choke. I find that boiling some and letting it cool a little is much better to drink though. Doesnt seem to stick.
  • Reeree72
    Reeree72 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I don't really like to admit it because water is so beneficial to the body but like you, I'm not a fan of water. One day, while talking to a customer, she showed me a drink called ICE. I don't know if you've heard of it but it's usually in grocery stores (very hard to find in convenience stores) and it's about $1 each. I tried it, and loved it right away. It's just sparkling water with flavor, no calories or fat. Now, my children tried it and constantly asks for them. I must say, I am very impressed with this water so I do drink a lot of it, plus it comes in tasty flavors. It's a godsend for my family.
  • peckish_pomegranate
    peckish_pomegranate Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Try crystal lite, or one of those other powders that flavor water. Alternately, drink low calorie teas like Snapple's green tea drink.

It also gets easier the more you drink. If it's the taste of your tap water, get a filter or go bottled (though that's an enormous waste of money in my opinion.)
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Beer. It's mostly water.
  • krispie67
    krispie67 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    The drink ICE can be found at Costco. Super yummy flavours. I had forgotten about them! Thanks for reminding me ReeRee72!
  • buzzcockgirl
    buzzcockgirl Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    No, there is no substitute for water. Water is water. Try it super cold, try it luke warm. See which you prefer. You can drink it as decaf green tea, if you like the taste. Adding flavors (like Mio or Crystal Light) is better than nothing if it gets the water into you, but those contain weird, fake, artificial sweeteners that aren't necessarily good for you. But again, if it gets you to drink it, go for it. We have to choose our 'battles'. Some people will say coffee counts, or anything non caffeinated - I dont agree. Water is water. I try to drink 100 oz a day, it helps keep me full, it does wonders for your muscles, and it helps keep everything in your body movin' - nice and lubed! haha! It's also good for skin and hair.
    Anyhow- maybe try some other type of flavorings -Cucumber water is awesome!Add several think slices to a pitcher in the fridge... so refreshing. Or watermelon - add some chunks in the bottom of a pitcher, muddle it up... this can be done with any type of berries. And then the other option is to try to eat more fruits and veggies that are high in water (again, cucumber, watermelon, lettuces)... those all contain a nice amount of water naturally.
    Hope this helps a bit.... now go drink some water! haha!
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Just buck up and make yourself drink water.
    Pretend it's ambrosia - anything, but water is great for our health.
    In time you'll grow to like it.
  • Synodal_11
    Synodal_11 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Happy to see that I'm not alone in my extreme dislike in the taste of water. Like another poster, I find that Crystal light or diet snapple tea mix helps loads in getting me to hydrate myself.
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I really didn't like drinking water either. I started by using the distilled water from work in a glass with ice (I do better with water out of a glass than plastic -- might just be in my head). I then tried to make myself drink at least 16 oz before lunch and 16 oz before I left work. I have worked up to 6-10 glasses every day. I think its like a lot of things...the more you do it, the more you like it. In fact, I used to be a 2-3 can of pop per day person and now I am going the month of January without any. Just keep at it, it gets easier!
  • PottsvilleCurse1925
    PottsvilleCurse1925 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    The only time I drink water is my bath water after bath time when I'm super clean!
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Add cucumber, lemon, mint and ginger. Sassy water baby!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Dudes, water has no "taste" ... seriously. It's. water.
  • switchoff
    Options
    As a non-water drinker I had to train myself to do so. I started with a small glass before and after every meal. I prefer warm water as it doesn't feel as heavy in my stomach. In the beginning I also added a teaspoon of pure maple syrup as the sweetness helped me more than lemon slices.
  • BonaFideUK
    BonaFideUK Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I dislike drinking water straight from the tap or room temperate water. I always have to fill the glass with ice or have a bottle pre-filled in the fridge. I can only really drink water if its ice cold.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I prefer Miller64
  • NakeshiaB
    NakeshiaB Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I don't really like to admit it because water is so beneficial to the body but like you, I'm not a fan of water. One day, while talking to a customer, she showed me a drink called ICE. I don't know if you've heard of it but it's usually in grocery stores (very hard to find in convenience stores) and it's about $1 each. I tried it, and loved it right away. It's just sparkling water with flavor, no calories or fat. Now, my children tried it and constantly asks for them. I must say, I am very impressed with this water so I do drink a lot of it, plus it comes in tasty flavors. It's a godsend for my family.

I'd be careful with this drink, it looks like it contains sugars and artificial sweeteners, definitely not a good replacement for water! The healthiest bet would be to drink green or white tea (aka Qi tea), sparkling non flavoured water: you could add a dash of berry juice to this or any natural flavoured tea (e.g. raspberry, orange, lemon, blackcurrant, pomegranate, the flavours are endless) that is preferably decaffeinated. At the end of the day there is no true substitute for water, your body needs it, but the less you can add to it to get you drinking more the better.

I have a similar problem but mine is that I forget to drink water! I get so caught up in life and work that I find my throat drying up and realise I haven't had a sip of water for hours. I try fix this by always carrying water with me, drinking it whenever I look at the bottle, asking for it when I'm eating out and drinking lots of green tea at work. Good luck!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I started by using the distilled water from work

DO NOT DRINK DISTILLED WATER. :noway: :noway: :noway:
    IT IS VERY BAD FOR YOU.

I am purposely SHOUTING here, because IT IS DANGEROUS!!!

ONCE MORE, NO NO NO TO DISTILLED WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!