Starvation Mode

Options
I wrote a blog about this....
I would love for you to check it out and give me advice...on what to do on days I just dont make it 1200

http://destiny4dallas.blogspot.com/2013/01/blog-post.html

Replies

• watercolorabstract
    Options
    Nice blog post. I am constantly trying to keep things upwards of 1200. For a long time I struggled to restrict and keep my calorie intake around 500 calories a day or less. It's dangerous and it's stupid. I ruined my metabolism that way and it feels as though I've betrayed my body and it is painfully aware of this. My body doesn't seem to trust me now and it feels as though it holds every calorie hostage.

What's helped me, oddly enough, is not counting calories at much at first (if your problem is that you fixate on a number) if your problem is that you're just very busy and forget, then plan ahead and create an eating schedule to make sure you meet your goals.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt, since I'm not a nutritionist or a doctor of any kind, but the above has helped me out.

Best of luck :3
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    It's simple - determine what your daily calories will be (a cut from your TDEE perferably) and then make a plan to eat that every day. The less you eat - the less you will feel hungry. So, eat. Every day. Eat calorie dense food (peanut butter on a spoon) if you are truly stuffed. Don't eat low cal or fat free - just eat healthy food. Eat.
  • MsMorningDew
    MsMorningDew Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Yeah sometimes my life is just busy...and I am running around so much I dont get a chance to eat the amount I am supposed to. Great response!
  • MsMorningDew
    Options
    Thats a great idea....alot of it is because the foods I choose...I need more bulkier choices that are healthy...I love peanut butter...wish I had some right now...I will add it to my list :) Thank you
  • MsMorningDew
    Options
    Thanks for the info...I already know what it was though :)
    My question was what to do on days when you just dont make it to 1200 calories and ways to help me stabilize my calories intake on those days avoiding what you described. Appreciate it though...
    here is your starvation mode
    The body contains about 62.5% intracellular fluid, and about 37.5% extracellular fluid making 100% total water. We have about 57% water of total body weight in kg or 24-26% of water in pounds. When someone is on a semi-starvation diet (a very low calorie diet) this can lead to dieters edema. Dieters edema is swelling due to water retention. Your fat cells can actually fill up with water. If you lose fat on a very low calorie diet, it’s possible your fat cells can be filled with water. The glycerol molecule (found in fats) can attract water. This will cause the fat cells to fill up. Water has a density of 1g/mL and adipose tissue(fat) has the density of 0.9g/mL. They almost weight exactly the same and take up the same volume. If you lose 10lbs of fat, yet your fat cells will up with 10lbs of water, you won’t see any difference in the mirror or on scale.