CREAM CHEESE

Options
mrshill2007
mrshill2007 Posts: 78 Member
Are there any recipes for desserts using cream cheese that does not have many calories?

Replies

• ilovedave4391
    Options
    buffalo dip but i think there is a lot of calories you could always use lite cream cheese
  • ilovedave4391
    Options
    it tastes so good tho
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    buffalo dip but i think there is a lot of calories you could always use lite cream cheese

Buffalo dip as a dessert? Gross lol
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    imho, cream cheese is a food which can't be made healthier without losing a lot of its appeal. fat free cream cheese makes me gag, 1/3 less fat is better but not as good as whipped.

learn to savor it!! cottage cheese is a good fake cream cheese for a lot of recipes. but i'd rather just eat the regular stuff :P omnoms
  • zumaetsunny
    Options
    You can also make your own cream cheese, using fat free Greek Yogurt take the cover off and put scott towels on top, put it upside down in a bowl, refrigerate for 24 to 48 hrs, it will become creamy like cream cheese with no fat, after you can add whaterver you want, it could be just a tbsp of light strawberry jam or anything you want, it will be less calories, this is really good
  • persnikity
    persnikity Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This isn't exactly a dessert but it is a sweet snack.

Cinnamon Dip
    1- 8oz low fat cream cheese
    1- 8oz low fat cool whip
    10 tsps. Splenda
    1 tsp. cinnamon

Beat cream cheese, add other ingredients, mix. You can also add more cinnamon to taste.
    This makes about 16 1oz serving.
    58 cal. 3g fat. 5 carbs. 1g protein. 2g sugar

I really love this dip on pineapple, apples, bananas, and strawberries. It also works with animal crackers or vanilla wafers. Heck, I'd eat it with a spoon if I could get away with it.
  • persnikity
    persnikity Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This isn't exactly a dessert but it is a sweet snack.

Cinnamon Dip
    1- 8oz low fat cream cheese
    1- 8oz low fat cool whip
    10 tsps. Splenda
    1 tsp. cinnamon

Beat cream cheese, add other ingredients, mix. You can also add more cinnamon to taste.
    This makes about 16 1oz serving.
    58 cal. 3g fat. 5 carbs. 1g protein. 2g sugar

I really love this dip on pineapple, apples, bananas, and strawberries. It also works with animal crackers or vanilla wafers. Heck, I'd eat it with a spoon if I could get away with it.

Oops... That's supposed to be 10 Tablespoons of Splenda not tsp. My bad.:ohwell:
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Oreo Truffles

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/easy-oreo-truffles-95085.aspx

Not the healthiest but if you only eat just one (good luck!) then it isn't so bad. I make these for my family get togethers and they are gone in seconds. They have all the nutritional information on there as well and they are already in the MFP database.
  • cielbee
    cielbee Posts: 62
    Options
    Or you could make a single serving dessert by spreading a thin layer of cream cheese along with your favorite jelly/jam onto a graham cracker. It tastes like cheesecake to me.