Any other non water drinkers out there?

Options

Replies

• NerdyTXChick
    NerdyTXChick Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    At first I had a lot of trouble getting my water in, but I kept at it and eventually it became easier. There were times where I felt like I was forcing it down and it kind of gagged me, so I started just working small sips in as often as I could. Now I get my 64 ounces in easy, and usually go well over that most days.
  • Tw1zzler
    Tw1zzler Posts: 583
    Options
    Wine.

I just down 1/2 a glass of plain room temperature water every time I get up from my desk.
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I started by using the distilled water from work

DO NOT DRINK DISTILLED WATER. :noway: :noway: :noway:
    IT IS VERY BAD FOR YOU.

I am purposely SHOUTING here, because IT IS DANGEROUS!!!

ONCE MORE, NO NO NO TO DISTILLED WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You cereal?
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I started by using the distilled water from work

DO NOT DRINK DISTILLED WATER. :noway: :noway: :noway:
    IT IS VERY BAD FOR YOU.

I am purposely SHOUTING here, because IT IS DANGEROUS!!!

ONCE MORE, NO NO NO TO DISTILLED WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    LOL. It's not dangerous per se...
    That's why I laugh at people who say "only pure water counts". Distilled is pure water.
    We need the minerals from tap/spring/bottled water.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Super cereal.

It definitely IS dangerous, and can leach the minerals from your bones.

Distilled water is fantastic for using in your steam iron. It is NOT safe to consume.
  • kopmom
    kopmom Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the feedback !
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Dudes, water has no "taste" ... seriously. It's. water.
    Drink tap water, Dasani, Sam's Club and Zephyrhills and tell me they all taste the same.
  • yuckidah
    yuckidah Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm not only a water dodger - I don't drink enough of ANYthing.
    It's a wonder I'm not all withered & wrinkly from lack of fluid.
    I know I need to change but I find it so bloody difficult to make myself drink. My NY's resolution was to have more water ....... but I forgot to start. So ridiculous that our 'diets' are all about restricting ourselves and yet the one thing I can have as much as I like of doesn't even get a look in. Grrrrrr, very cross with myself now. I'm sure it shouldn't be so hard to start a good habit!
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    um, yeah. distilled water? it ain't for drinking.

why? well, it is free from minerals. (good things, like calcium, magnesium, iron ... ) so it is able to absorb pretty much anything. you know what it absorbs when it comes into contact with air? carbon dioxide. this makes it acidic. so, the more you drink, the more acidity builds up and the more minerals are pulled from your body.
  • KarenJean91
    KarenJean91 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I love putting MiO in my water!
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    You could add crystal light or something to it. Don't believe the whole, you have to drink 8 cups of water a day bs. As long as you are getting 8 cups a day of fluids you are fine. You get water from the foods you eat as well, and from coffee, and milk, and juice, etc... So don't stress, just do what you can do (in a healthy way of course) to get 64 ounces of fluids a day.
  • stevekellar
    Options

That's why I laugh at people who say "only pure water counts". Distilled is pure water.

Distilled water is actually boiled until it evaporates. The vapor is condensed back into liquid form. The distillation process robs the water of all minerals and impurities. According to the Environmental Protection Agency, carbon dioxide in the air dissolves in distilled water which makes its pH acidic - usually between five and six tenths and seven. To neutralize distilled water, they suggest adding 1/8 teaspoon baking soda or a drop of ammonia. Some believe that drinking water that has an acidic pH is dangerous to your health.
  • Sharkington
    Options
    I used to be the same way, then I got over it and decided to just drink water. I drink it strait from the tap, I don't even care.
  • cheryl117
    Options
    I have always HATED drinking water but for the last 4 years or so it's all I drink ,it can be very boring but try adding some Crystal Light : )
  • tdp575
    tdp575 Posts: 55
    Options
    I hate water. The only way I can drink it is if I add flavor packets to it or buy it already flavored. Someone on this site told me once to take an apple and some cinnamon sticks, put it in a pitcher of water, and let it sit in the fridge over night. They said that this is a healthy alternative to flavoring your water. Have yet to try it.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    OK, I hated water most of my life. Seriously hated it. But I knew it was good to drink and a good way to satisfy thirst without calories or funky chemicals and I hate artificial sweeteners, anyway.

So I just made myself drink it all day, every day until it became habit and I started craving it, actually.

Try different temperatures. I much prefer it room temp, some people like it cold.

Also, try putting cucumber slices in it. They give the water a sweet, fresh taste but no citrus.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options

Distilled water is actually boiled until it evaporates. The vapor is condensed back into liquid form. The distillation process robs the water of all minerals and impurities. According to the Environmental Protection Agency, carbon dioxide in the air dissolves in distilled water which makes its pH acidic - usually between five and six tenths and seven. To neutralize distilled water, they suggest adding 1/8 teaspoon baking soda or a drop of ammonia. Some believe that drinking water that has an acidic pH is dangerous to your health.
    Better be careful with that wine that is between pH 3-5 then I guess. There are strong acids and weak acids.
    That is why I said it isn't dangerous "per se" , in and of itself and I laugh when people say they need to drink "pure" water. We need the minerals in our tap water or from a pure mountain spring, or good beer.

http://chemistry.about.com/od/waterchemistry/f/Can-You-Drink-Distilled-Water.htm
  • krispie67
    krispie67 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    http://www.sparklingice.com/whats-inside.aspx

In case you would like more info on it.
  • sweetsarahv
    sweetsarahv Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Just buck up and make yourself drink water.
    Pretend it's ambrosia - anything, but water is great for our health.
    In time you'll grow to like it.

As horrible as it sounds, I think he's right. We just need to suck it up, and get in our bodies!
  • heymirth
    heymirth Posts: 448
    Options
    Try true lemon, lime or orange