quick calorie burns

Options
Any ideas on burning as many calories as you can in a short amount of time? I have a crazy schedule and four children so when I finally have time to work out, I am either tired and ready for bed, or really crunched for time. Is there any exercises or workouts that you would suggest that burns maximum calories?? THanks!!

Replies

• sweetazcandi524
    sweetazcandi524 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    ??
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    How much time do you have?
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Not a lot of information provided as to time or goals, so I'll offer up blow.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    check out zwow, bodyrock online
    also HIIT routines and tabata protocols are good.
  • Camcee
    Camcee Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I find i burn the most calories, according to MFP when I enter it in my exercise log, cycling on my stationary bike - 'vigorous effort'. Depends on your weight but i can burn a huge amount of calories in an hour, pretty good for half an hour too if you cycle hard. I do an interval type program of up and down hills where you are off and on with hard cycling and regular cycling and it really works up a sweat. Good luck!
  • JennyVirginia
    Options
    Well I read you have kids so a suggestion is when the weather is nice go for bike rides with them. Also if you have a Wii; we got Just Dance for Christmas and the kids and I do that and let me tell you it's a good workout. I also would suggest Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred; it's only 30minutes. Her yoga meltdown is also only 30 min and I like that one.
    I'm trying to get back into running so I'm doing the C25K program(couch to 5K) for the treadmill (just google it and you'll get the program for free) and it only takes 30min. Good Luck to you!
  • GenieBB
    GenieBB Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    30 day shred, its free to do it on youtube
    try level one its really 22 minutes and it kicks your butt!!
    I have done it a few times and lost lbs and inches for sure, i even didnt get to it some weekend and would walk/ job instead, still lost a lot.

Good luck!
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Get Leslie Sansone's 5 Mile Fat Burner DVD. Each mile is only 12 minutes, and YOU decide how many miles at a time you want to do. It's like $10 at Walmart, but you can check it out for free on YouTube right now.

You can squeeze in 12 minutes, right?
  • veddar79
    veddar79 Posts: 205
    Options
    I haven't found an easier (and entertaining if you got something to do) than ride the exercise bike.
  • BackInSoFL
    BackInSoFL Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Jump rope.
  • fmebear
    fmebear Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym and hit the precor or the octane machines then do intervals with them. I burn a lot of calories but it also kicks my butt!!! I am seriously out of shape so it doesn't take much to kick my *kitten* though.
  • sweetazcandi524
    sweetazcandi524 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your input! I have Jillian Michaels 30 day shred, and the Leslie Sansone 5 big miles DVDS. I just get bored easily. Each day, if I get up early enough before gettin the kids ready for school and leaving for work myself, I MIGHT get 45 minutes to myself if everyone stays asleep. I don't really have a goal set just yet , except to lose a good deal of weight before August ( I am a bridesmaid in a wedding, and I want to feel confident and comfortable in my dress ). My ultimate goal tho is to lose about 100lbs by the end of my journey. I've lost a little over 20 since I've began eating better and moving more, but I am now trying to buckle down and get a bit more serious about it. I welcome all advice! Thanks again!