Low Carb Crock Pot Recipes?

Options
I am returning to college after 18 yrs and will be going three nights a week. My husband follows a low carb woe to keep his diabetes under control and so I am looking for some crock pot recipes that are low carb that I can have ready for the family to eat while I dash off to school those three nights.

Any good recipes? Sites to check out? etc?

Thanks,
Erin

Replies

• keelz2010
    keelz2010 Posts: 182
    Options
    BBC Good Food website has some great recipes and you can save them in a binder. Try a nice Beef Stew with lots of veggies!
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I have a board of crockpot recipes on Pinterest, most of which are South Beach friendly: www.pinterest,com/issypal
  • mrykyldy2
    mrykyldy2 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I make a salsa chicken in my crock pot:

4 boneless skinless chicken breast
    2 tbs taco seasoning
    1 can cream of mushroom soup
    1 cup salsa
    1 cup sour cream

cook on low for 8 - 10 hours, I personally like the chicken shredded. If you have a favorite pasta, it is really good over pasta. Dreamfields pasta is diabetic friendly. It is also pretty thick when the chicken is shredded so it won't take a lot of noodles.

Another one is:
    4 boneless skinless chicken breast
    1 bottle bbq sauce
    1/2 can pineapple chuncks and half the juice
    3 cloves of garlic
    1 small white onion

cook on low 8 - 10 hours. Again shred the chicken can be served over brown rice or by itelself
  • courtneylee31
    courtneylee31 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Not sure if there are any on Linda Sues website (Low carb woman), but check out her website for low carb recipes in general.
    http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/ ....... I also follow a Lowcarb WOE
  • goody2shews
    goody2shews Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Bump