flat tummy with C-section

Options
Hello fitness pals, havent been on here lately well because i wasnt serious about my weight loss at all and now im ready and willing to stop my unhealthy habits to get there, im new to MFP BECAUSE i havent explore site since i signed up this is it ready for a new journey and new me i went thru the pain now i want to experience my joy!! i have 2 boys with the first one i had a csection and im scared to death that i wont be able to achieve the shape im dreaming of because of this pouch thats hanging please could some one give me tips on what i can do to work off this pouch while trying to lose weight im 233 and seriously need to get to 135-140

Replies

• terilou87
    terilou87 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    you sound very much how i feel at the moment, the over hang is quite big i weigh a little more than you at 236. my mum had the same hang but when she lost her weight most of it went, she did it through swimming her stomach still isnt flat and she still has a little sag but its not noticable in dresses or tight clothes. if mine ends up like hers ill be happy.
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later..

I have had 3 c-sections. I will try to post some pics of my bare stomach later.
  • rachelatua
    Options
    I had a c-section in 2010. I gained 60lbs during my pregnancy (eek). I've lost the baby weight and am not 125lbs (5'5") but I still have the csection pouch. I'm not sure if it's worse bc I gained so much weight so quickly during pregnancy. Honestly, the belly pouch doesn't bother me that much though. I'm so thankful my little girl arrived safely.
  • missystl23
    Options
    Thanks for the replies yes i see that they say the muscles are weaken in that area that is why we have the most hardest time getting rid of it. I think i can try to squeeze in pilates if its suppose to work on the core area
  • cathdrew2
    cathdrew2 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I got down to a very slim weight after two C-sections and still had a protruding belly. Started working with a trainer and about 3 months later it was gone: lots of ab exercises will fix it BUT you have to stick with the exercises to keep it flat. I fell off the core exercise wagon and the protruding tummy came back unless I suck it in (or wear control top hose :)), which, BTW is a valid exercise according to my trainer (sucking it in, not the hose, LOL. :) Pretend you are at the beach in a bikini and walk around as long as you can with your tummy pulled in as tightly as you can. Relax and do it again. Good news is you DO NOT need a trainer if you have more motivation than I do (I'm so lazy). Crunches, planks, bicycles, medicine ball twists, etc. do the trick. None of it is expensive or difficult to learn and every other day will get big results. Stick with it - you can do it!!