Master Cleanse, aka "Lemonade Diet"

Options
Has anyone tried this? What were your experiences? (especially any negative ones)

Has anyone considered this?

I'm thinking of starting a five day cleanse, bought the ingredients.

I have a calendar photo shoot next week, and I have about one pound I want to lose. Also, from what I read, your skin looks great and you feel totally energized.

Opinions, negative and positive welcomed.

Replies

• Mustangsally33
    Options
    I did it ! I lost Weight , I was starving , It was hard to drink by end of day two , I felt weak and I gained all the weight back plus more over the next few weeks !
  • DriaD84
    Options
    Is that the diet where you only drink lemonade? From what i hear those types of things are never a good idea....on the Dr Oz website he has a 3 Day Cleanse where lots of vegetables are involved and you drink 3 different types of shakes a day while also taking vitamins and supplements, that might be a better option. let me know how it turns out!
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Is that the diet where you only drink lemonade? From what i hear those types of things are never a good idea....on the Dr Oz website he has a 3 Day Cleanse where lots of vegetables are involved and you drink 3 different types of shakes a day while also taking vitamins and supplements, that might be a better option. let me know how it turns out!
    >on the Dr Oz website...

Lol at the idea that Dr. Oz could ever be right about anything ever
  • DreamofGenie2012
    DreamofGenie2012 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I did it ! I lost Weight , I was starving , It was hard to drink by end of day two , I felt weak and I gained all the weight back plus more over the next few weeks !

OK. that is exactly what I'm afraid of. I don't want to gain a bunch of weight when it's over.
  • DreamofGenie2012
    Options

It's where you fast on a liquid diet of cayenne pepper, lemons, sea salt and water.

My ex tried it, and she said she felt so great, she too this to lose weight, but she did it because she was having a health issue. (involving her bladder)
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    NO
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    NO

:angry:
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    NO

Back when I knew nothing about protecting my health, I did this for two weeks. It's totally unhealthy. It gets you results, but those results are short term and dangerously achieved, especially if you are training a lot, as I was at the time.

Please don't.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Loads of threads on the scientific basis of 'cleanses' and 'detoxes' (clue: none) and the risks (may be nasty) if you run a search.
  • peckish_pomegranate
    peckish_pomegranate Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    You should not "cleanse". That's like going 90 and trying to make a sharp turn. Gently turning around your habits to more healthy things is the best way to do it.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    Nasty, gross, stupid, pointless, quick fix... do you want me to go on?
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    34y1xug.gif

ABANDON THREAD
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I guess my thought is - you must have known the shoot was coming up, a pound is "pretty easy" to lose (and srsly?! 1 lb?) Detoxes, cleanses, yick. Avoid and make better food choices to lose weight and maintain that loss..
  • SamiRose
    SamiRose Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    NO

Back when I knew nothing about protecting my health, I did this for two weeks. It's totally unhealthy. It gets you results, but those results are short term and dangerously achieved, especially if you are training a lot, as I was at the time.

Please don't.

Well said, it works, no doubt, but it's so bad for you. You can get short starvation and malnutrition effects! Please think twice, and remember HEALTHY is the new skinny!!
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    2mqku4k.gif
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Also, this.

t538k6.jpg
  • Serendipityunt
    Serendipityunt Posts: 120 Member
    Options

I've done the 3-day cleanse twice over the last few months, anytime I feel absolutely bloated from the food I'd been eating. It works very well, if you follow it strictly. After two days, you feel more energized and just all around better. It also discourages you from wanting to eat junk again for a while. Downside is that it's expensive the first time( because of all the things you need to buy that you don't already have, like coconut oil), and that you'll start to craving wanting to chew food. But the shakes keep you full, and once you get used to the taste, they're not to bad. I would definitely do it again if I ever felt like I needed to get junk/processed food out of system, and I've recommended it to friends.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Also, this.

t538k6.jpg

Ummm...how is this trolling?
  • DreamofGenie2012
    Options
    I guess my thought is - you must have known the shoot was coming up, a pound is "pretty easy" to lose (and srsly?! 1 lb?) Detoxes, cleanses, yick. Avoid and make better food choices to lose weight and maintain that loss..

I agree.

I have a small amount of belly fat, that didn't come off easily with minimal exercise. A pound seems like a small amount, but everyone is different, my body tends to stay at this current weight.

Thank you for your opinion, and since I did include personal details, I understand why you would respond with telling me how easy it is to lose a pound, but I only began to research because I didn't find it as easy as you or others may.