Whey Protien??

Any one recommend a good brad for whey protein. Looking for something for after I workout. With so many things on the market I just don't know what they all mean. Thanks in advance

Replies

• n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Optimum nutrition
  • TanyaRochelle
    TanyaRochelle Posts: 52 Member
    http://www.dymatize.com/products/protein/detail/918/iso-100-3-lb/?query=(category.ne.Specials).and.(category.eq.Protein)&back=products

dymatize ISO 100 Vanilla - you can add anything to flavor it like you want. I use cinnamon!
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Optimum nutrition
    Ditto

BSN also has great tasting protein powders if you need some a little heavier on calories.
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Optimum nutrition

this one.

that said, you don't HAVE to have anything after you work out, and if you do it doesn't HAVE to be a protein shake. It can range from nothing at all to any type of solid food you like.
  • Sycoholic
    Sycoholic Posts: 282 Member
    Syntha-6 is probably the best tasting I've ever had. I can honestly say it actually tastes good with water if you can't get your hands on milk. If you don't want to pay so much for protein powder you can try Six Star whey protein from Wal Mart, Walgreens, Sam's Club, etc. It tastes good with milk or water and at $20 for a 2.5lb tub it's very economical..... considering that all you need is a single scoop for 30 grams of protein it's a better deal than Muscle Milk powder which my buddy is using. You can only absorb something like 23 grams at a time anyway so there is a bit of overkill. However, Muscle&Fitness magazine recommends 40 grams after lifting. Not really sure about the science behind it. I'll drink one scoop of Six Star with milk so that's good for almost 40 grams.
  • I use Pure Protein; the triple chocolate shake is my favorite. I'm on a tight budget so this works for my pocket book. I can get it at Walmart for $9.97. One scoop has 100 calories, 4 net carbs, 3g fiber and 15g of protein. I usually make a shake consisting of one scoop of powder, 1 cup unsweetened Silk Almond Milk and a half cup of mixed berries. Good Luck to you!
  • I absolutely LOVE the Kazein whey isolate.. They have three flavours (chocolate, strawberry-banana, vanilla ice cream) and all are amazing and mix well. :-)
  • mz_asher
    mz_asher Posts: 87 Member
    Optimum nutrition

this one.

that said, you don't HAVE to have anything after you work out, and if you do it doesn't HAVE to be a protein shake. It can range from nothing at all to any type of solid food you like.

Sometimes I get shaky after weight training. So i figured this would be the best option. What kind of food would help me with that?
  • mz_asher
    mz_asher Posts: 87 Member
    thanks for all the info.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    I have read and heard from personal trainers and some individuals on here that chocolate milk is a very good post workout drink.
  • hvan01
    hvan01 Posts: 5
    I personally like Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Protein. I like the strawberry the best.
    1 scoop is 26 G and 2 scoops is 52 G
    The key is to put it in a blender,add 1 cup of water, and I like to add some fresh or frozen strawberries to it.
    Blend for 2-3 minutes. It's delicious and no chalky tasting.