Meeting your Goal Weight

Options
Full4Life
Full4Life Posts: 172 Member
Hi guys... I'm starting to flag on pushing to meet my goal. I was hoping you all could post your Staring Weight, your Goal Weight and When you Reached it.

It would be really helpful for me!

Thanks all! Happy Weekend!

Replies

• isabulle13
    Options
    Maybe it won't help much but...
    SW : 137
    CW: 133.6
    GW: 125 but I'd be ok with 128 I think

The thing is that I lose relatively quickly until 132. Like 2-3 weeks I can go down 5 lbs. Then I get really discouraged because it takes 3 weeks for 1 lb. So I just need to keep going this time without so much looking at the scale than focusing on feeling better in my jeans skin etc.
  • amann_84
    amann_84 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    sw: 405lbs
    cw: 224lbs
    gw: 215lbs for now

I started around 2009 and hit my current weight on thanksgiving of this year. I didn't start mfp until spring of 2011 which is when most of my weight has come off. 180 pounds down and was definitely one of the best decisions i've made in my life!!
  • MsDover
    MsDover Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Well I'm one pound off from my goal weight, but my original goal weight was 118... when I hit that I lowered it to 115. My TOP weight , 7 years ago, was 185. I lost 70 pounds and kept it off for 5 years, then in the last two years I regained 17 pounds. So this time my starting weight was 135. I started using MFP mid-October and have averaged about 1.5 pounds lost per week. I haven't worked out much at all because I have a bad hip (being replaced in 5 days!) but still walked when I could until it got too painful, and have done gentle calisthenics and used small hand weights to gain some upper body strength for while I'm on crutches. Being in the best shape I could be for my surgery was important to me, but also getting back to where I worked so hard to be and getting my blood glucose back into the normal range (I'm a type II diabetic and did NOT want to go on medication for it). I have eaten less calories daily than MFP suggests, but doing so under a doctor's care and being VERY careful. I take vitamin supplements along with eating a pretty balanced diet. I'm 60 years old, so it's been a little harder this time around, but not insurmountably so. Being VERY motivated helps! Settling for less wasn't an option.
  • isabulle13
    Options
    I lost 70 pounds and kept it off for 5 years

Wow!

You have a hell of a motivation. Still keeping active despite the pain... Good luck with your surgery and the recovery! I hear once you're recovered you can walk and run like new :-)
  • Full4Life
    Options
    Well I'm one pound off from my goal weight, but my original goal weight was 118... when I hit that I lowered it to 115.

I LOVE that! Thank you SO much! Helps me know it's possible, and attainable!!!
  • leighdiane91
    leighdiane91 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    SW: 207
    CW: 197.4
    GW: 140

That's in about 2.5 weeks. probably some water weight since I cut out alcohol and fast food (because of the cost, lol not the calories. but it sure has worked well for both!)
  • ShmareParks
    ShmareParks Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I agree with the people you mentioned in your write-up! You DO look healthy and pretty! I certainly wouldn't consider you overweight. And don't you worry ... those 23-year-olds your male friends are dating can't possibly have the humour, the savvy, the wisdom, and the heart of a 35-year-old seasoned REAL WOMAN! You're in your prime right now! :) That said, our 30s seems to be the time we start to second-guess and question our worth more than ever. I did, anyway. My starting weight on here was 162, and my goal is 125. I've lost 25 pounds already (in about 6 months), so My Fitness Pal is really working for me, and I think it's at a healthy pace that can be sustainable too. I am really strict with myself, though, meaning sometimes I go to bed hungry. Like if I've goofed and used up all my calories too soon in the day, I just fast with herbal tea the rest of that day. It has slowly made me switch to healthier, less fatty foods, since I know I'll be starving if I have a Big Mac for lunch and swallow up the whole day's calories in one go. I've also learned that exercise doesn't have to be a major undertaking. Even a little brisk 5-minute walk makes a big difference in the long run. Anyway, it really does work, and you already look great, so you'll just look and feel even greater if you stick with it! :)
  • Full4Life
    Options
    SW: 207
    CW: 197.4
    GW: 140

That's in about 2.5 weeks. probably some water weight since I cut out alcohol and fast food (because of the cost, lol not the calories. but it sure has worked well for both!)

You reached your Goal Weight in 2.5 Weeks?
  • stephsteph76
    stephsteph76 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    SW: 170 lbs
    CW: 158 lbs
    GW: 135 lbs

I am 5'6''

I lost 17 lbs last year in three months and I gained 7lbs back. I just started back in Dec. 12, 2012. I have lost 8lbs and 8 inches overall.
  • Full4Life
    Options
    SW: 170 lbs
    CW: 158 lbs
    GW: 135 lbs

I am 5'6''

I lost 17 lbs last year in three months and I gained 7lbs back. I just started back in Dec. 12, 2012. I have lost 8lbs and 8 inches overall.
    That's great! When did you reach your Goal Weight?
  • fataalic
    fataalic Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    SW 185 lbs
    CW 179 lbs
    GW 135 lbs

I am 5 feet 3.5 inches
  • lucyinthesky2007
    lucyinthesky2007 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Start weight: 210
    Current weight: 155
    Goal weight: 140-145

Its taken me about a year to get where I am. It has been pretty slow going but I've actually done it the right way this time so I'm pretty proud. These last few pounds just seem to be hanging on tight though. Would love to be at goal by Valentines Day *fingers crossed*
  • Full4Life
    Options
    Is there ANYBODY who has reached their Goal Weight?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!