Emergency Work Out?

Options
Anyone have any great work out suggestions that burn lots of calories fast? I went over on my calories today and I feel like I need a quick fix! An exercise I can do at home. Please go into some detail because I may not know the move you are talking about. Thanks!

Replies

• issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    If you have stairs and can handle it you can run up and down the stairs.
  • Camille0502
    Camille0502 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Doing an emergency workout doesn't seem like a healthy way to deal with going over you calories. Just accept the fact that you went over. A few extra calories are not going to kill you!
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Just go for a nice walk for an hour, and chalk it up to a lesson learned.
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Just go for a walk. Just learn to preplan you day. Wake up have a cup of juice and get a game plan.
  • LessofJenJen
    LessofJenJen Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    If you have stairs and can handle it you can run up and down the stairs.

Loved the stairs idea! I did it for 8 min total. Worked up a little sweat and feel better that I made the effort.

Still would love more ideas. Keep them coming! :)
  • 3RachaelFaith3
    3RachaelFaith3 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Doing an emergency workout doesn't seem like a healthy way to deal with going over you calories. Just accept the fact that you went over. A few extra calories are not going to kill you!

I don't think it's necessarily unhealthy. She's not throwing up or anything, she just wants to burn some cals. I mean, the ideal thing would be to work out good before a cheat meal, but hey stuff happens.

With that said, I am doing 30 day shred and I wear an HRM while doing so and shadow boxing burns a lot of calories. When I do it, my heart rate is through the roof. so squat down and punch it out maybe in combo with some of these other suggestions. I think because your arms are close to your heart, it gets heart rate up and burns a lot of cals.
  • moniquedeanne
    moniquedeanne Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Kickboxing blasts calories. You can use at home dvds or try an MMA gym.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Tough Mudder boot camp; they have 3 levels: beginner (30 minutes), intermediate (40 minutes) and advanced (50 minutes); they are in pdf format, you can bring them up on your computer or print them out. It explains each move. If you do not have a bar to do the hang/pull ups you can always skip it or do an alternative exercise for your deltoids like a military press. (this is the basic movement and you do not need a spotter and you can use dumbbells - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waeCyaAQRn8) or Arnold Press (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVEl-EkNhxA)

http://toughmudder.com/tough-mudder-boot-camp-training/

I will warn you....if you have not been weight training and doing plyometrics before, start with 30 minutes, it will burn a lot of calories and kick your booty
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Oh, and plyometrics are short burst exercises where you are jumping...this really gets your heart rate up and can improve your cardiovascular immensely.
  • MiTime2016
    MiTime2016 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Jump rope. You'll be sweating in 4 minutes.
  • 2shoes123
    2shoes123 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Look at fitness blender workouts on youtube. They have a lot of great hiit workouts.
  • FitGuyWillDoIt
    FitGuyWillDoIt Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Walking, running and stair climbing, as everyone has mentioned are quick and simple to do. Notice I didn't say, "easy". That's up to how you push yourself. If you have stairs, you could run up, do some calisthenics, push ups, sit ups, etc. run down and do them again and just keep on going.