40 pounds lost but high body fat??

Options
Ive lost almost 40 pounds in 7 months but my measurements still seem to be quite high :/ i'm 5'2 and went from 180 lbs to my current weight of 141 lbs. Ive been quite paranoid thinking that the amount of weight ive lost isnt really noticeable and still feel quite fat. Yes at 141 lbs im still a few pounds off the healthy range for my height and still a good 20-25 lbs off my target goal weight of 120-115...but with measurements of 34-35-40 its a little discouraging. The only place i feel like ive lost inches is my shoulders because my bra stap keeps falling down constantly. And ive gone down from a size 16 in tops to a 12. BUT
my arms are really flabby, and i have bingo wings which is really unflattering.

Anyway, the only way i can seem to lose weight is on a 1300 calorie diet plus exercise (don't eat exercise cals back, gain weight if i do). Been told that ive probably lost lean muscle weight instead of fat but surely i cant have lost 40lbs of just muscle? How do i get the scales to continue dropping but the inches to fall off at the same time? Its all good telling people you've lost 40 lbs but when you're all flabby and not toned in the slighest, i might as well be back up to my near obese weight of 180 lbs!

Replies

• healthyKYgirl
    healthyKYgirl Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Lift Heavy Weights to transform your body and get rid of the arm wings. It will help you lower your body fat percentage. See this thread for inspiration:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/812464-show-me-ur-heavy-lifting-results-please
  • anfernyy
    Options
    Lift Heavy Weights to transform your body and get rid of the arm wings. It will help you lower your body fat percentage. See this thread for inspiration:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/812464-show-me-ur-heavy-lifting-results-please

agreed
  • ingies2011
    ingies2011 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    You would most likely have lost a lot more then just inches, most people loose a combination of fat and muscle when they lose weight. To look trimmer and more toned you should do weight training, this will also lower the amount of muscle that you lose as you lose weight. Eat sensibly, have plenty of protein and fresh vegies and fruit, and give it time. It is worthwhile continuing, I am sure you feel better at the weight you are now then what you were before.
  • melissavaughan5
    Options
    I do jillian michaels 30 day shred combined with 30 minutes on a stationary bike...is the strength training invovled in jillians workout enough to help me tone up or would i need to do more?

Also i recently broke a 2 month plateau and i tried eating 1600-1800 to help me start losing weight again but that didnt seem to work. So for the past month and a half ive gone down to 1300 calories and burn about 300-400 calories per day WITHOUT eating exercise calories back and that seems to have kicked started my weight loss again, but im worried thats why i havent been able to lose any inches. Scared to up the calories in case i start to gain again or enter another plateau :/
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy!!
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I'm with the others.... LIFT HEAVY