Healthy Dessert Ideas?

Options
Hi,

Four days in to my lifestyle change, I am craving something sweet really bad! Are there any healthy dessert/sweet snack recipes you would like to share?

Thanks!

Mallow

Replies

• jess393
    jess393 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I feel ya! sugar is my weak spot :/ look into some of the mug cake recipes- quick, easy, and usually relatively healthy! I also realllly love chocolate PB2; it's so versatile for everything.
  • KS_4691
    KS_4691 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    avocado pudding: half an avocado, 2 tbs cocoa powder, 2 Splenda packets or a squirt of honey, pinch of salt

cottage cheese apple pie: half an apple (chopped, covered in cinnamon, and microwaved for a minute) mixed with cottage cheese and topped with slivered almonds or bran cereal
  • yasemasuyo
    yasemasuyo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Fresh fruit
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I usually just keep it simple and go for some ice cream.
  • eatrainsmile
    eatrainsmile Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    When i crave something sweet, I eat some dried fruit like figs, apricots or berries.
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    just have what you crave, but small amount.
  • childermass
    childermass Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I love dark chocolate - keep a small container of it in my fridge.
    You only seem to need a small bit to satisfy your chocolate craving, and it's full of antioxidants and low on calories too!
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I love cookies, so I tend to grab a graham cracker or one of my mother's oatmeal cookies that substitutes applesauce for some of the butter and sugar. I like to substitute chopped/crushed figs for the applesauce, when I have them, and that makes them really good. I keep bags of chopped figs in my freezer for that purpose.
  • tropical24
    tropical24 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Grapes, Peaches, Watermelon or strawberries with a little sugar, Does wonders when you're in need of something sweet.

Also a trick we do, is buy a small bag of chocolate chips and eat a couple if we desperately need something sugary. Only a few calories. Just need the willpower to stop eating after a few.
  • kcwest4
    kcwest4 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I made black bean brownies to fill my craving tonight! I'm not sure this is super healthy, but better than the alternative with oils and eggs. I calculated one brownie to equal about 114 calories. Delicious and really easy. Oh, and coconut milk ice cream. Just coconut milk with a splash of vanilla, freeze, and scrape! Tastes like bday cake!
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    Love chocolate and strawberries, or a parfait. Frozen yogurt with fruit is good too
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I make cheesecake with fat free cream cheese, Greek yogurt, and vanilla protein powder (among other ingredients) that tastes no different from the high calorie/high sugar/high fat ones...

I also like to make my own chocolate ice cream with chocolate fudge protein powder.

I make brownies or cookies with protein powder as well.

There are heaps of substitutions that you can do to make someone guilt-free yet taste the same. No crazy new "dessert" recipes for me. I like cookies, pies, cakes, ice cream, etc.
  • Zoeegirl
    Zoeegirl Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    bump
  • srm1960
    srm1960 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: WW products are very good-everything frozen they make, especially the snack size fudge bars, only 45 cal-also "skinny cow" frozen ice cream sandwiches are the bomb!-just make sure you have only one portion of anything-that is the key to success- Also trader joe's "cat cookies" are super low fat-low cal too!
  • Elphaba91
    Elphaba91 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    What we've started doing is having dessert but eating it out of the dessert bowls my Mum's family used when she was a kid - they're about the size of a teacup! At first they looked abnormally small, but now I don't even notice! As I'm getting a full bowl of dessert, I don't really notice that it's a small amount.

In terms of what to put in the bowl, jelly (particularly sugar free) is incredibly low-cal! Okay, it doesn't have much nutritional value but at 5-50 calories, who really cares! I do have it with a little bit of icecream too but only about a 1/4 cup (33 calories). Icy poles are also low calorie (but full of sugar).
  • AuntieMC
    AuntieMC Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I like to whiz up fresh fruit like raspberries or pineapple in a blender with ice, to make a fruit slushie. No sugar needed!

For ready-made, I enjoy Righteously Raw Divine Chocolate Mints. They are the healthy kind of high percentage dark cacao, with mint and agave nectar. Eat slowly, maybe with a warm herbal tea. They are small, only 60 calories, and feed the choclate craving.

Peel an apple or two, slice it up, cook it in a small amount of water, mash it up, add cinnamon and vanilla for yummy applesauce.

Mash up a banana, mix in some old fashioned oats and coconut (unsweetened coconut), drop onto a cookie sheet and bake till done. I like to press them into thin, round cookie shapes.

That's It bars are made of JUST fruit, nothing else. 100 calories, though, and I find them to be so sweet they sometimes add to the craving. Oh yeah, eating things that are too sweet actually FEEDS the craving. I got off all sugar!
  • melpap89
    melpap89 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    best dessert I discovered last night - baked sweet potato w/ a TBS almond butter, dash of maple syrup, cinnamon and cacao powder
  • appelsiinipuu
    appelsiinipuu Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Just had greek yoghurt with mixed berries. I sprinkled some icing sugar (powdered sugar) on top for a bit of extra sweetness.
  • flarge
    flarge Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    There is a website called chocolatecoveredkatie.com that has tons of unique healthy desserts. Highly recommended!